New Cartridge Technology Is Ready

Hi @SanitatemDime I am afraid that we haven’t met each other yet.

You are right, @dabeakerman @TetrahydroCannibal,guys.

1 Like

If there is anyone who wishes to get in touch to know more about our products and features.

Please drop me a line at liam@getispire.com

Alternatively, you can reach me at 1 213 4230671

2 Likes

900Mah Adjustable Voltage.

Liam@getispire.com

2 Likes

MOQ is 500 units on the battery’s?

1 Like

is that too many for you?
How many do you need?

3 Likes

How is this to you, my friend @pangea

2 Likes

Just a few to test out. What size cart do they accommodate? What material did you use for that test at SC labs?

1 Like

I was told something called MCT? not sure if I spelled it right.
( sorry got your questions wrong, this battery is suitable with 11mm carts)

But duCore, Size of the carts, Φ 15.5/13.5/11mm. 0.5/1.0ml
About samples, DM me and we can talk about that for sure or liam@getispire.com

2 Likes

MCT ain’t leaching shit. Fill it with something more aggressive to see what’s really in there

5 Likes

What will you use to do the test @stoopkid?

1 Like

Most labs fill carts with an acid and let sit for 3-5 days to do a proper test… and even then a cart with terpenes stored for months leaches more. R n d on heavy metals leaching takes time.

3 Likes

High terpene percentage plus any oil would work. Distillate would be ideal to keep it fairly thick so it doesn’t leak while it’s soaking but you could do a mixture of MCT + terpenes if your testing lab does not handle cannabinoids.

I’ve noticed a few of the retested carts that were clean when they were first filled but failed for lead the second time happened to be strains high in terpinolene. So I would make sure terpinolene would be one of the main constituents of the oil to intentionally assume the worst case scenario. I’ve always said terpinolene (and ocimene) are probably the harshest individual terpenes on materials. So the goal would be to intentionally do a number on the cart so your sample for testing comes in contact with all of the wetted areas faster.

1 Like

nice looking mod. I’m curious why everyone is married to 3v+ though? something like a 2.5/2.8/3.1 would have me interested

2 Likes

Thanks @stoopkid, i have passed on your comment to our guy who handles lab issues. So , i will find out if possible, thanks again.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m curious if the reason for that is time or because the cartridge materials have better chemical resistance to commonly used acids than uncommonly used mixtures of essential oils. Just something to consider.

It’s easy to find out if any material is resistant to something like acetic acid but if you want to know if myrcene will utterly destroy that material… good luck finding that data.

It could just be a time related thing like you said but I can’t help but wonder if the lack of data on chemical resistance to obscure essential oils like cannabis terpenes is partially to blame. I wonder if there’s a way to expedite the factor of time and try to simulate it through the use of agitation or something to that effect. Like leaving the cartridge in an ultrasonic bath before you test the sample. With plastics, higher pressure will speed up the degradation/leaching. Could also be an oxidation thing. That I do not know. I see what you mea about cartridge R&D being a timely process. There’s just a lot of unanswered questions still.

2 Likes

+1 Yocan Uni Pro(best battery mod)is digital and goes down to 2v.
I mostly run 2v and 2.2v. Might be worth the extra cost to make the voltage variable in .1 increments from 2v-4.2v ? or have it go down to a lower voltage.

6 Likes

I got a feedback from my guy already.the main reason is , Labs have to use some medium that can be 100% sure free from contamination.
For example, if the terpene or distillate were extracted from a plant grown from a land that is contaminated already, then, we wouldn’t know which is cuasing the fail of the heavy metal test.

1 Like

I’m not sure how I feel about that answer. You should already have labs showing there’s no lead in your distillate and terpenes to begin with. If you’re testing something for heavy metals it’s a given that you don’t add something else with heavy metals to the equation. If you can confirm your MCT isn’t contaminated, why couldn’t you do the same for anything else?

4 Likes

That is exactly what I replied. Seems that labs are catching up on how to be more convincing themselves. Time…

3 Likes

From my understanding, it’s mostly deformities in the manufacturing process that cause the leaching. As long as it’s corrosive it will eat at these deformities. Imo time is everything because heavy metals are pretty stable by themselves… the “leaching” is more the heavy particles getting dislodged from the corrosion.

I’ve never thought about the difference of terpenes versus acids. Terpenes are gnarly corrosive and it would make sense limonene and some of the more corrosive ones would degrade the metal faster and stronger than just a basic acid test.