New and starting with SPD

Blue food coloring in my glycol/distilled h20 mix.

1 Like

Brilliant , I’m reading your other posts from anothere thread , see u uses PTFE tape too and hose clamps , I’ve got both so I’ll use it to secure hoses and prevent leaks etc ,

1 Like

How do you know how much ‘vacuum’ you have to produce? What i mean is: i see in videos and posts people say: at this en this point i have so and so much micron on my vucuum meter.

As low as possible. Low vac means you need less heat to get the job done

question is , when rotating the flasks to move onto next fractionis is it true that you need to stop pulling the vac , bleed the system then once rotated start the vac pump gain .
bit confused as what i need to do come sunday , just purchased some helium as a leak tester if i have any issues .
for a dry run do i literally pull a vac through the system whilst circulating water through condenser and have contents in cold trap ???
unable to aquire dry ice at the moment so ill have to run normal ice with salt 3:1 , this will get the tempdown to -20 , not an ideal start but see what happens

1 Like

A vacuum sensor is one way to approach some issues, I’m not running spd but this is what others use https://www.amazon.com/DigiVac-BPG-Bullseye-Precision-Hands-Free/dp/B00J5KZD3U/ref=asc_df_B00J5KZD3U/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242360590716&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5522547344162151904&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021324&hvtargid=pla-437024617838&psc=1

What kind of ptfe tape are you using? I was looking at these sleeves personally Amazon.com

In the past i have made a lot of RSO with a rotovap.

The principle there was to turn the alchohol into gas en then back to liqued. I just put the mantle at 80celsius and vacuum on and there it would go.

I presume short path works a little bit different :wink: Is there a post or document that explains what it is exactly you are trying to accomplish in general with the equipment? So where i would just put the heater on with the rotovap and the vacuum on, how does that work for SPD?

I presume we want to create different boiling points to seperate different cannabinoids correct?

oh ive got a vaccum guage and ptfe tape so will wrap joints as a precaution . the gas i bought is for when i might hit a leak .
im still doing as much research as i can alot of members are mentioning SOPS , im presuming it means standard operating procedures (well that what it means in the uk ) iv tried looking for them using search function , are they hidden or do you have to request one privately from the author ??
at the moment the only one i can find is on bestvaluevacs and ive readings printed off that someone posted during there first run .
any tips would be greatly appecricated

They’re paid for as part of the glg or internally generated, but you should read teks like breaking dabs, which are the basis of the sops

2 Likes

superhotgen : read that bro

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/blog/short-path-distillation-basics/

1 Like

teks ??? ive seen that mentioned , whats that ??

If you are really trying to make your own meds
I will happily pass by and give a workshop for free
Teach you all I know and get you going just say when
I am in Amsterdam :grin:

13 Likes

rogue thanks for that really appreciate it , im not in amsterdam , im in the uk however
superhogten is and may need assistance bro.

really nice of you , if any one is online on sunday to help if needed id appreciate it.
obviously i dont want spoon feeding but i have been constantly on this and other forums reading and filtering through the relevant info.

thanks again

2 Likes

Give a heads up when you expect to start :+1:

1 Like

@Thelabrat thanks for that link!

Yes i am Amsterdam based. I make RSO for myself and others :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

thanks bro ill be up early , gonna carbon scrub the crude and decarb first as its still in freezer from when you last gave advice, gonna try your way etc .

When decarbing be prepared for a lot of smell people in our. Situation must be carefull with that

2 Likes

yes mate it does smell but ive only made RSO ive extraction setup now , hopefully that will help with any bad aromas during SPD

1 Like