New and starting with SPD

@superhotgen he also have heating Mantle plus the steel stands/holder for the setup. he can make you both 500ml,1000ml and 2000ml boiling flask if u want, that makes u flexiable and already saves some purchases, hes cheap and make the glass from china severale people have stood by as being Quality. - again youre getting a wide bore setup, something not offered in most pre sets in china.

this is my list of things as of now and there severale things also i shouldnt have purchased, wich you want to avoid :slight_smile:

2L Heating Mantle + rare earth spin bar

2L Wide bore Glassware - 2x coldtraps + extra 500ml Boiling flask.

1x Edward e2m28

1x 11.3 CFM 2 stage rotary vane pump - WTVP-10Pro

Cascade KIRK-1 Digital Vacuum Gauge

KF-16 Flange with Superior Baffled Thermocouple Vacuum Gauge

Apiezon 501 Grease

1 x Julabo FP40MV Heating/chiller + Julabo HS fluid.

1x 7Litres Chiller only - WTHC-2006

1x Hot Air gun

9x PTFE Sleeves

3 meters of Fire rope

16Litres of Edward Ultragrade 20

KF-25 x KF-25 x 1/8" FNPT Adapter

1x 2.5L Filtration Flask

1x loading funnel made custom from david

1x Cheap Digital Thermometer - TES-1310

1x cheap china vacuum gauge - ZJ-52M sensor with 3/8 port.

1x Cheap china Automatic vacuum regulator - VC-4000

3/8 Food grade silicone vacuum tubing, length 6.6ft (china)

3/8 White rubber hose, length 6.6ft. (china)

10x rolls PTFE TAPE

1 Like

water boils at 100c, i would not try to run one in an oil bath personally, the components tend to get sad at those temps

3 Likes

Try to get your hands on one of those pre historic lab sous vides
Where temp control is a dimmer and all parts submerged are metal
I posted a pic somewhere here can t remember where thou
With a build in pump

1 Like

I just received my 10 litres of Pentane.

Can i make a small extraction with this just for fun? @Roguelab said it is hard to make an extraction with pentane, but hard does not mean impossible rite? :stuck_out_tongue:

According to some site’s a extraction with pentane will give you an oil in the range of 70 tot 85% cannabinoids. Golden oil. I have so much trims at the moment that i want to try out :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont have my rotovap here tough and my alambiek i have trown away a couple of months ago. The only way i can evaporate is by just letting it stand in the window. Is that going to work?

1 Like

@cannaholiker

David offers this complete 2 liter set

If i am not mistaking i would only need extra tubes, heater, and vacuum pump + temp meter and mbar meter i think :–)

3 Likes

yup pentanes BP is 37C, it will evap at room temp slowly. get a hot plate and boil it out quicker, or do a double boiler setup with the extract sitting in its container in a pot or pan of warm water, switch out the water as needed.

also get a fan and blow the fumes outside of your dwelling for safety!

1 Like

Yes that will work
Extract by leaving it for a while in the pentane

1 Like

I presume freezing the material and pentane gives some bennefits right?

Yes and no the bad Being that cannabinoids will dissolve even worse
The good being that fats and waxes also will dissolve less

to be precise from a decarboxylation chart i found it should be 122c for 27 mins

The thing with these charts and # rarely take into account volume and what form of containment which may be precise for a few ounces but not a few liters!

3 Likes

evening team , hope everyone is well
just doing more research ready for when I commence my second batch within the next couple of weeks as I want to try different tecs
first I’m gonna sort the dirty flask out with limonene as its been getting good reviews .
but also order a brand new one as a spare but could also use that specifically for 2 passes maybe .
I also want to try the bucket tec using cold IPA and dry ice ( but not directly ) as there seems to be different views etc in this
so will make a cryo bath with ipa and dry ice in a large galvanised bucket then place the smaller bucket which will be airtight ( I can buy bubble bags and bucket as a kit online , presuming a plastic bucket can handle cyro temps , I’m assuming it will as it’s in the kit ,)
I’ll then place the 2 kilo of trim in the bucket and let soak for 40 mins as recommended .
how much IPA can I use as a minimum , I did 10:1 on first batch ?
once soaked filter whilst still cold through DE and bushner flask .
filter again using smaller filters .
then carbon scrub , decarb etc before SPD .
I’ve bought cheap DE and AC but ultimately I want to purchase celite 545 from states as I’m in UK , so delivery might take a while plus it’s expensive , but if it’s the best I might just order it
the idea is to get a cleaner product without any odors , I’m convinced I could smell the fishy odor on first run , and it wasn’t completely yellow , had a hint of amber to it too so tighter fractions maybe on next batch , any advice much appreciated as always

No on the plastic bucket for cryo. I’ve broken 5+ buckets doing a dry ice kief shake.

Use stainless steel.

Nix the ipa, it’s not great for cannabis extractions, even at cryo temps. It will still pull unwanted junk vs ethanol.

1 Like

@Demontrich is right on all of the above
But since you are in the U.K.
I understand your ethanol problem
Methanol I find works better Than ISO I find

cheers , thanks for heads up , I was concerned with the plastic bucket , will just buy a couple of bubble bags and galvanised steel bins to extract with .
I could probably source methanol as I used it in the past to make biodiesel , similar price too .
what about volume against the 2Kg I’m processing , 10:1 still ?
@Roguelab did you get to meet the newbie in the dam who wanted advice , was it @superhotgen ???

stainless against galvanized steel ?

1 Like

Stainless second hand will do
10:1 2x so 20 liters 8:1 also does it

yeah , cheers @rougelab , will get some on order .
thanks again

Welcome sir.

I am manufacture from China, that has been producing labs equipment, such as rotovap, spd, vacuum pump and so on; you could see more by my post in my profile.

If u want more details, quotation or questions, just dm and I will help u and send the quotation.

anybody used there SPD for recovering methanol ? presume it will work if the mantle is set at say 70c any thoughts ?
with or without vac ?
I’ve got a table top water distiller from H20 labs , not bad with IPA , but probably too hot for methanol .
unless there’s a way of tampering with thermostat ? any advice welcome as always

Should work for methanol yet the boil will go faster just watch for gaskets
Methanol has different property’s than IPA

2 Likes