New and starting with SPD

Buy from david, buy the other pieces seperate. i know it cant be hard to understand what ya need, ive been reading for days total and emptied by bank account severale times, my brothers too, still need to learn like i just took my first step and treating on water for my lack of knowlegde of especially fittings and vacuum pump subject.

If you had bought that setup your showing, you would properly have changed alot out and have spent alot of money like me, on not getting anywhere.

Chiller no good, maybe bigger receiving flasks, smaller boiling flask so forth, and that is still no wide bore setup, but old tech now with 3 way cow.

take coffee with rogue, your offered a world of knowlegdeā€¦ maybe you pay for the coffee tho :stuck_out_tongue: hehe.

it was around 1200 ish for all glass and steel holders with shipping, got some for free also after i had paid, so would have been around the 1200.

Remember shipping and customs cost aint cheap either, that could run you 2000$ alone in getting your setup finished, if you can find a pump or used one in europe, you will be glad you did :slight_smile:

not to mention how bad a set of glassware you can end up receiving in those pre made kits, i will use my first chinese glass for lab artā€¦, maybe an spd hanging from the ceiling glued together lolā€¦ - maybe an SPD dabber, maybe just break it, that way i already broke some, and might be lucky not to ever break anything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Demon

Would ye not considering the full setup from China ? Would going to David be less expensive etc when you consider everything u need ?

Just price it up and see what ye think bro :joy: I would of thought buying seperate would cost more , donā€™t forget to Inc a meter in ye pricing

piece it together right. dont compromise by picking it all up from one person. they all dont specialize in the other parts.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll need spoon feeding at some point , tighter fractions etc , the first run was ok but would like the second to be better once I work on vac leaks etcā€‹:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I like usalab. They sell the same items as david and leakphang does. But with usalab, you get a warranty, and not the run around like with leakphang.

Plus they are 45 mins away from me. Bonus #2.

Also use the @ sign before a screen name. This way you tag that person and they can reply back.

2 Likes

:+1: thatā€™s good to know @Demontrich

1 Like

Team is there anything more suitable then a screw thread etc for the inlet adapters I have for head therm and mantle therm .
Surely there is a better way , any advice welcome as always :+1: sizes are 24/40
And 14/20
Googling before I want spoof feeding :thinking::joy:
Laboratory holed neoprene rubber bungs ???

Thatā€™s the attitude :ok_hand:

Canā€™t say enough good about Davidā€™s glass.
I went from pulling mains at 200 with all Rocco to now pulling mains at 170 with a Rocco bf and head and Davidā€™s full bore adapter and cold trap with kf25 hose.
Good shit!!

2 Likes

@Killa12345

No offense taken :wink: I have been part of a dutch cannabis growers forum voor 11 years now. I know how annoying it can be when n00bs ask questions. But i started there as well with zero knowledge and now i grow quality cannabis and am able to participate in that community and help newbie growers out with their ā€˜spoonā€™ questions. So that the old members dont have to answer these questions anymore :smiley: Obviously you should search and read yourself as well, but thatā€™s why i created a single topic for myself to spam with questions :ā€“) So i dont clog the forum and other topics :smile:

4 Likes

@Nextracts

Where did you buy the rest of your equipment?

1 Like

@david
He is the man you want

1 Like

@Nextracts

I contacted David :wink: He only sells the glassware! But from what i understand you also need a vacuum pump and a heater (i tought chiller) What is the difference anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ahh I see your question.
The mantle is just a China model.
The pump is a Alcatel 2021i.
You can get those on eBay used pretty cheap. (The pump)

1 Like

Also for the heater I use a sous vide cooker and a water pump from the hardware store and a bucket.

I tought as with for example a rotovap, you have a condensor as well, and you need to run cold water trought it. But it appears you need none of that with SPD rite? So a heater, heats stuff :stuck_out_tongue: but what exactly do you need to heat :thinking:

The condenser on the spd head is "cooled " with warm/hot liquid
Lowest temp being 50C max cooling temp Bering 155C in good vacuum

1 Like

Love the sous vide idea. Are you pumping just water or glycol/distilled mixed?

How hot can a sous vide work at? 155c seems hot

Edit this one only does 99c, so is the sous vide for something different than the Rowan oil bath & high temp pump tek? I need to put together the best budget solution for this asap personally now that I have glassware

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BKSH4KY/ref=sspa_mw_detail_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1