Nerds Rope

Ask @NamasteGardens theirs look dank!!!

1 Like

Smh Willy Wonka must be rly dead handed over SOPs in video format shiiiiii that Oompa Loompa is gonna get it.

1 Like

I guess he is intending to have regular strips…

The rich man solution involves a well tuned extruder (fed by gummys chunks or powder), coupled to belt and drill conveyers for the beans…

The poor man approach is the one desrcribed in pictures above, looks convenient.

The upgraded poor man approach implies a hot tap (to dispose the gum) in a fixed positions , , and a large table with a moving tray, and need at least two peoples. One control the gum flow and put beans over, while the other one snakes the tray under the hot tap…

2 Likes

I think we can use a cart farmer with a modified hose and bigger gun. The jerky gun will extrude a round gummy similar to what a real nerd rope is but the precision will be poor at best.

I think this is already being worked out behind the scenes to have a hand held precision gummy extruder similar to what a cf1000 looks like with the heated tank.

7 Likes

do you have any idea of who is working on such device? would love to talk w those people.

You could also contact companies producing extrusion apparatus for the polymers and food industry. If they don’t already have the right parameters for your material, these can an be easily determined from experimental desktop pilot units. You could even rent one provided that you now how to deal with it.

1 Like

They make refillable caulk gun tubes. Find one that would be food safe. Grease the inside and fill with warm gummy goo. Grab a comfortable caulk gun and shoot out some ropes. They have electric ones and air powered ones. An electric one might make the process easy. Cut the tip to the size rope you want. I have used silicone that is thicker than warm gummys in those.

4 Likes

this is pricey but could do the trick, i have played with this using distillate and it works great.

1 Like

Get a peristaltic dosing pump

would it be possible to order candy in a roll brush on hot distilatte then add nerds in whatever way is most efficient obviuosly.

Making these is stupid easy, you can buy a bag of haribo gummies melt them down then pour it over some nerds then top with nerds. Let cool then cut into strips and roll them in nerds. All sides will be coated and you don’t really have to make anything from scratch. I’ve done this hundreds of times.

8 Likes