Need steel

, ,

In upstate New York. Been clandestinely making my wife’s medicine for a few years. I’m looking for a vendor to make a collection vessel for me. The local tank weld shop doesn’t return my emails, probably forwarded them to the police. The guy from Newtek industry (China) wants $1130 to build my order.

1 Like

@Scientific710

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll definitely contact them.

1 Like

Mcp420safe.com try to contact them bro

so i looks like you want a fully jacketed 12x18 collection. i can have this made. This is a big collection.

This is quite the size for 1 persons medicine :joy::rofl::joy:

I did notice the double jacket. I dont get the need either

3 Likes

Hes clearly got a lot of collecting to do lol

2 Likes

you’re not going to gain much from the double jacket other than huge build cost.

2 Likes

Small runs suck.

Re thinking the vacuum jacket. Thank you. And I like extracting cannabis a lot better than my current job as an equipment mechanic. So this build is an investment for my family.

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out to us! We can fab that but I agree that the vacuum jackets are overkill considering the increase in fab cost. I don’t think we can beat the China price you were quoted though but we’ll take a look and get back to ya via email. The hemispherical caps will also increase cost when compared to flat. If you do go China make sure to specify NPT threads not BSPT which will be their default for “pipe threads” in you’re drawing. Unless you want BSPT of course.

1 Like

I guess I need some guidance. I was thinking hemispherical for the pressure, also that’s why the opening is 6”. I plan on using propane or a blend and want to be safe if there is ever a problem with my cold tech. Otherwise I’d be looking for a 12” lid on a pipe.

How much material are you running each batch? How much solvent per run are you planning to use? Is there a reason you need a bottom spout? Can you piece together the tank with tri clamp parts? There’s a lot of information that we don’t know, and without that, it’s hard to offer good input.

I stopped running my 300 gram suicide machine when oil fell below $40 g. This is all outlaw shit here still. The “medical” dispensary sells carts for $70 that taste like reclaim and peg. Then they lobby the state against home cultivation. Anyway I’m putting together a safe system that I won’t have to run every week to keep the slick full. And if I do, I won’t have work 60 hrs fixing other people’s broken shit anymore. I already have a 12x18 solvent recovery tank that I’ll keep in the chest freezer. I just bought a double jacketed 6x24 column that should arrive tomorrow. Im working on plans for an injection coil and a chiller/circulator.

You should not keep and butane in a chest freezer that wasn’t made for them. These valves leak and the ptfe tape from going super cold to warm gets brittle and will crack and leak.

If safety is your concern. You should stop that practice. Good luck

2 Likes

Good luck and be safe!

The chilling coil helps a ton. You don’t need to chill your solvent prior to your run if you inject through a coil submerged in a dry ice slurry.

Thank you for the guidance everyone. It truly is a relief to have this place as a source of wisdom.

Just build it out of triclamp parts. This is an easy cheap build. Want me to spec out a parts list for you or is @Killa12345 on it?

Edit: I should read thread before I post in it.

Are 12” TC rated for butane pressures? I don’t play with gas much but I doubt it now

1 Like

I’ve seen that first hand as well. A friend of mine has kept his tank in a freezer for years and the valves and threads started leaking on him.

2 Likes

Are you asking if 12 " clamps are capable of butane pressures? Yes they are

3 Likes

Sanitary Tri-Clover info

Depends on how much pressure you’re expecting. This pdf packet is for the original Tri-Clover. I would use this is a base and drop down pressure a bit for replicas.

1 Like