Need help with gavita 1700 and Athena

what’s up everyone. Im new to leds and have been having trouble with transpiration. I soaked the cubes at 3g a gal of core and 4g of grow at ph of 5.7. I was trying to keep the vid in the .8-.9 range for a few days but realized they weren’t transpiring. I uped the vpd. The lights are at around 500umol. Still not seeing much progress. The pics were 2 days ago. Right now even more purple stems and darker leaf color. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

1 Like

Looks like they could use some calmag to me…the purple stem tops with being genetics is take sign I think

2 Likes

but there doesn’t seem to be a calcium deficiency. Should I just add some epsom salt?

1 Like

Played out meme. But came to mind lol

12 Likes

Led doesn’t heat surfaces like hid lighting does. So your temp of optimal transpiration is probably going to be higher under the led. Idk much about Rockwool except that the dry down is important. Your roots might be staying too cold and wet and starting to rot a little.

2 Likes

First things first 3.0 ec is core at 4.3 grams and grow at 7.2 grams, so your mixing ratio is not mixed correctly.

If running led I would for sure run 3.0 ec minimum.
Run your room temp at 85° 75% humidity, aim for a 78° leaf temp.

8 Likes

ya im use to not going full strength but I know that was my first mistake. Should have soaked at full strength. Thanks for the reply MG!

ya I have been trying to keep the room hotter. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Either way if you want to run a lower feed ec you still need to mix at the correct ratios.

2 Likes

what ppfd would you say I run it at. I spoke with a rep from Athena and they said they run theirs at 200-300. I had mine at 500

I’m at day 6 of veg right now, they are at 300umol, tomorrow I’m bumping them up to 450.

3 Likes

first thing i would do is drop your light levels to 200 umol and see how they respond, 500 is far to high for a plant that size that has got no mojo…

1 Like

ya I did that and fed them a 3.0 ec. Raised the temp to 85 and trying to get the humidity
between 70-75. Bought a solus today don’t understand why there is such a difference in ec. They were all presoaked the same also leaf temps are at 82-84

Way to dry, rockwool should never drop under 30%, in veg you want to keep them quite wet.

6 Likes

Drying back at different rates. You’re going to see a rise the more they dry back.

1 Like

What’s up mg. Ya because they were wet for so long I was wanted to dry them back a little more on the first. With keeping the temps so high during the day what would be a good night temp/ ro? Thank you

I dont think you can overwater rockwool. dont let them dry out. Im not fully up on this technique but isnt the dryback to establish roots?

1 Like

10-15% overnight dry back during veg, i try and keep my day and night temp the same with just a couple points lower humidity during lights off. I think correct your mixing ratios, run a bit more run off during the day to lower your pwec to 4-6 then you’ll be banging.

1 Like

I believe the aroya substrate sensors will only test up to the field capacity of whatever substrate you are using it with (so coco at 60% would technically be 100% saturated obviously that varies with coco ) rockwool correct me if I’m wrong is about has about 80% which is way more consistent than cocos field capacity so if it was at 35% and your rockwool is fully saturated at 80ish% the moisture content would be 55% sorry to everyone reading that I know it can be confusing

that’s a good question im not sure