Need help with gavita 1700 and Athena

When you achieve run off in your rockwool use the SOLUS to test the your rockwool at full saturation that will be your 100% then base that number for dry backs

2 Likes

quick update going into week 2. I appreciate all the help! I lowered then ppfd to 200-250 which really helped. I also raised the temp to 74-75 Been trying to water more. Just soaked the slabs and hopefully going further plants will take off more. I have been feeding at 3.0 ec. Soaked the slabs at 4.0 ec ph 5.3

1 Like

Ill prolly eat my words but I would tie them down a bit now going into stretch to make multiple colas and a more dense canopy.

Ya I’ll be setting up the trellis tomorrow or the next day

I use cages to actually tie down too. trellis is more to hold it up I think? IF you could tie down the top then the next few nodes may become tops too.

Nice looking good!

they look a lot better, id raise your temps even more if you can to approx 80ish.
if they make it to lights out without drooping id up your light levels a touch say 25 umol every other day, if they droop dont increase anymore for a day or two until they stay perky at lights out then start to slowly increase light levels again.
good luck.

4 Likes

ok thank you

So I’ve been keeping a decent vpd keeping my room hotter but with that my cubes and slabs are running hot as well. Will it be ok that my rock wool is reaching 80F?

the medium is just tracking the room temps. dryback might be slightly exelerated but other than that its fine.

2 Likes

Keep the roots under 85 and they will be happy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sorry not the best at updating but im at day 17 now of veg thinking of flipping either tomorrow or the next. Plants have made a few recovery! Im still feeding at 3.0 ec and been using my ppfd but the plants seem to not like it about 450 still. Im running my room around 84 F and 70-75 Rh. Ive been told to run Athena core and grow first week of veg any opinions on this?

4 Likes

Also does anyone have a solid vpd chart for leds for each stage of growth like per week for veg and flower? Thank you!

Measure leaf temp with an infrared thermo and use a standard chart, but use leaf temp on the air temp axis. Try to get an average leaf temp, not just the biggest leafs at the top.

2 Likes

They look great.

2 Likes

pulse pro have a good customisable vpd chart, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NyUWHerisWU5nalpUBtOJCOI0NGgyszr-csDHMDrNW4/edit#gid=963929615

1 Like

They are looking much better! I run full veg for the first week of flower, then 50/50 veg/bloom for 4 days then around day 12 I switch to 100% bloom nutrients.

3 Likes

Ya I’ve been using s leaf therm. its been a steady 80 F One thing I’ve noticed with charts is a lot of then don’t have the same numbers for some reason

There is 3 variables when calculating VPD, most charts are showing 2 with an assumed leaf to air temp differential. That differential has a significant impact on VPD.

The pulse lab chart/calculator lets you enter all 3 so you get a chart for your situation.

flip them, they are lready gonna be huge. I dont use vpd but id run them in a tropical environment at this time- 70 pecent humidity and warm.