Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

How much distillate in how big a gummy? 1.5% flavor is pretty high. PG shouldn’t be bitter.

i nailed the cherry once, never again.

1 Like

Add a small amount of lemon oil to lessen cherry medicinal kick, or double your acid.

1 Like

Cheap cherry flavors are pretty much pure benzaldehyde and sweetened with ethyl acetate. EA is a great solvent and common in many fruity flavors but too much is extremely off putting to many people. This is like why fake cherry is very polarizing. Cherry is usually like 50-75% benzaldehyde anyway but how it’s modulated makes all the difference.

Ethyl butyrate smooths out cherry a bit. As does ethyl maltol but a fraction of it is needed. As confusing as it may sound, try adding a drop of a banana flavoring (isoamyl esters) oddly make cherry smell less fake. The same is true for many berry flavorings. You will not smell banana whatsoever after it steeps a bit. Just a better smelling cherry or blueberry. It’s just one of those weird taste bud tricks. Very useful for gummies.

5 Likes

In my vape flavor endeavors I never once succeeded with making cherry not taste like medicine. Got close but not quite to the cigar.

Interesting thing I learned about Isoamyl Acetate is that it’s also a pheromone for bees. Explains why there was a swarm around my banana vape.

20mg in 2.4ml. I’ve never had this issue until I switched to lorann flavours. I’ve made 100mg in the same mold with jello and it wasn’t bitter.

How much flavor were you using? A lot of the lorann flavors had a chemical taste in my opinion. Try lowering flavor to like 0.5% and up the sugar content.

I started with 0.5% and there was a bitterness I doubled the flavouring and it helped a bit.

I was thinking of replacing the water for a fruit juice next.

Worth a shot
Little side step. I saw long ago people curing nugs in honey and making a chewing type of product.
Im wondering after having a hands on with some buccal nicotine delivery systems if someone is gonna go ahead and make something similar. The powdered flavors (encapsulation) would be prefect. Man… who ever gets that up and going will be rich. 8mg THC pouches would be pretty dope for ease of use and rapid delivery thru mucus membranes.

Looks like it would be easy to make… once you got a nano emulsion and you can dry it out… maybe freeze dry idk… but you just need micro cellulose and flavor powder and you will be set to put them in pouches.

2 Likes

Do you still use sodium citrate? Do you add that in powder form with the citric acid?

Thanks!

Yes it is added with the rest of the acid 50/50.

1 Like

I needa make hard candy.

It’s pretty easy to make simple jolly rancher type hard candy.

I love watching the street candy makers do their thing:

4 Likes

I got a candy thermometer. Just need to not ruin a sheet pan if I do this

Super easy:

1 Like

Amoretti makes wine and champagne flavor extracts, I haven’t tried them yet but added to my list
Amazon or the company website, I’ve been impressed with the rainbow sherbet flavoring and cola flavoring of theirs, they make normal drink syrups and purees and the like so make sure to look for their extracts.

Having burnt my brain on reading through most of these posts, I recall someone saying that they were not impressed with bubblegum flavoring extract, and i wanted to add that I’m sure it sucks on its own, but it’s one of my favorite flavors. it’s just that you must pair it with another flavor to get a good effect. Watermelon bubblegum gummies has been one of my tastiest flavors as of late.

Anyways, hell of a forum posting and thanks to everyone, I may end up tweaking my game some here :v::v:

Amoretti is pretty expensive too so Olivenation is another solid flavoring source and is demonstrably cheaper, I’ve switched to them over lorann flavorings in general, amoretti has a ton of really obscure off the wall flavorings too.

Also, in regard to you saying every flavor has it’s sweet spot, I picked up from watching some candy company on YouTube, they record the amounts of flavoring used in each batch of candy, and then bump it up or down based on how the end product tasted from the last batch.

I already use less when it comes to the more citrusy flavors, but now I’m tracking it on a per flavor basis too, granted since I switched away from using jello boxes I have yet to do the same flavors🤣

3 Likes

I can’t find the exact reply but in regard to your silicone cleaning I would just recommend to get a rinse aid like jet dry, and after you’ve washed them, rinse them in water and then the jet dry solution, they dry faster and no water spots or residue every time. I don’t have a big enough rack so I end up spreading them out on a towel…
I wouldn’t worry about washing them twice, seems redundant, proper soaking cleaning with enough detergent and proper water temp is all you need.

I want to make gummies now! Man it’s been a minutes since I been on here.

Everything about that Korean street candy video is beyond satisfying to watch. Cutting the candy with scissors, stretching it, twisting it. Dragon’s Beard candy is next-level, too:

7 Likes