Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Divide that 1000 mg among 20 gummies and the taste will surely improve.

2 Likes

Flower butter caramels. :yum:

More difficult than gummies, forsure.

12 Likes

i like where your heads at!!! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Oops thought I was in a different thread.

It doesn’t take much for the Terps to do its thing like 1 drop =4-6 candies plenty in my opinion.

1 Like

Has anyone experimented with Sunflower Lecithin? Im using a Modernist Pantry liquid version, but Im not quite sure how to appropriately apply it to my gummy recipe.

Im using the gummy recipe mentioned above (much thanks to those who contributed that), but i tweaked it using some pectin as well. Im currently adding 2% lecithin by weight (I believe im adding 8 grams of Lecithin for a gummy batch weighing 400g) in conjunction with 2g of CBD isolate. The instructions say to use between 1-3%, but maybe somebody knows a little more about its application in confectionery.

1 Like

Hi everyone! New here. Working with an SOP that my predecessor created. Am using Pacific pectin for my gummies and am wondering if anyone has worked with it before? I ran test batches using SureJell and didn’t have any problems but using the Pacific, my gummies won’t set up. I’m cooking to 85 brix. I’ve tried reducing the pectin by half. Can anyone help?! I’ll love you forever. I promise.

I was under the impression pectin has less “setting power” than gelatin, curious if you replaced a portion of the gelatin or simply added pectin.

Lecithin is hydrophilic and liphophilic which means it helps with the emulsion of your oil and water. A stabilizer kind of. I guess…

1 Like

Definitely has less setting power. Trying to stick with pectin as we’d like to be able to produce a vegan gummy. Will try a bit of lecithin! Thanks!

Agar agar @unicornakatie

1 Like

I have an agar recipe that I absolutely love as it’s only 3 ingredients but the cost of agar is drastically more expensive than pectin. I don’t have the grounds to justify the increase yet.

2 Likes

Vegan gummies be spensive :wink:

3 Likes

I wonder if kappa carageenan might help?

It can trigger shellfish allergies even tho its vegan

I have vegan gelatin.

I’m hoping today I can bang out a test batch, no thc. Just to see how to recipe works.

Edit

3 Likes

What’s it made from? Oh gotcha

1 Like

I figured you asked me. That’s why a
I edited and added the link.

1 Like

Sorbitol’s INS number is 420

2 Likes

5 lb. Albanese gummies to 14g distillate.

Melt gummies in double boiler. Fold in disty, scraping bottom of pot and stir with industrial wand mixer. Spray molds with pan release and pour. Cure in a dark room under a dehu for 3 days. If you want them al dente, cure another day. Coat with half powdered, half granulated sugar and potassium sorbate. Package immediately to avoid humidity.

Makes 210 pieces @50-60mg.

3 Likes

I tried a test run of melting albanese gummies into my molds. They were fn goooooooey and never set up. However, I did not give them time to set.

I left in my deep freezer for about 30 mins.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look into that