Need advice crystal dissapeard?

Starting materials 7grams of dabs unknown how they were made my guess would be butane
Anyway I put the 7gs in a jar just experimenting and have had it on a heating pad for 4 days this morning I checked them and they were room temp because the mat turned off but when I looked in the jar there was a single diamond about the size of a tic tac I put it back on the heat pad and its gone now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated I can’t find many answers I’ve been reading through osst and rosin jar tech for the last 8 days

1 Like

did you add anything to the jar besides your dabs to get this ball rolling?
Or treating it like squish?

any idea how hot the mat gets?
how long it heats before turning off?

I think most turn off in under 120min if they’re going to turn off, but it’s your mat not mine.

I’m guessing you probably did two hrs on a heat mat, twice.
So long as it didn’t get too hot, if you leave it alone more will grow.

like two weeks.

take that time to go through those threads again.
because everything you need is there.

Edit: read about seeding. and what it tells you.

if you hang around that long you can also post pictures, which makes it easier to figure out what’s going on.

4 Likes

I didn’t add anything to it it’s been on the pad for 4 days with the heat on it I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get hotter then 120-130°f it goes for 3 hours I’ve had it on there at least a good 24-40 hours there’s been times the heat turned off cause I forgot about it but there was a crystal this morning when I woke up it was room temp cause it turned off so I looked inside and there was a diamond when I put it back on the mat to grow more it vanished

Also I don’t have any diamonds to seed with

I did not say you needed (another) seed.

I suggested you needed to read about them.
Because understanding what it means when a seed (a crystal) goes away, and how that relates to your crystal going away is really what this is about.

what temps did your reading suggest were most appropriate?
that seems hot to me.

Did you note on your reading that temp fluctuations are appropriate?
Forgetting to come back every 3hrs may actually have been helpful. :wink:

What consistency were your dabs?
My understanding is that jar tek (jaring and heating rosin) only works on the highest quality mataerial, and even then, only some strains. I would not expect great success with just any old BHO (certainly not from the “if it ain’t shatter then it don’t matter” category).

3 Likes

Sounds like it got dissolved in your hot terpenes. Or it decarbed from dwelling too long

2 Likes

I read that you could do it from 80-130 so I thought that wasn’t considerd a high temp I guess I was wrong. The quality is pretty good it was pull and snap originally but after having it stored at room temp it is sugaring up and it looks and smells very nice

The stuff stored at room temp that is sugaring doesn’t have anything to do with what’s in the jar it’s just the same dabs

If this is the case can it be fixed

Yea see if @DrJosh will teach you how to recarb

I don’t think it’s decarbed it doesn’t get hot enough to decarb the thc

1 Like

Let it breathe, or vac some terpenes out of it. Or add a splash of butane

2 Likes

I don’t have lab equipment I’m not in the friendliest state just always been super interested in bud then I found extracts and ever since it’s been a dream to do it the right way one day

Thanks for the advice I greatly appreciate and will try

Have you been burping the jar at all?

I opened it a few times the first day and a half, not for long though. The night before the diamond formed i whipped it a little bit

no. but the amount of terpenes left in the material is relevant.
I didn’t ask “what do the dabs you have left look like”.

the fact that you’re getting crystallization in the aliquot that you didn’t treat is probably a good sign.

you chose the high end of the range.
that is by definition considered “high”.

wrong?
Do you actually know how hot it was?
it’s heat AND time that matter for decarb.

what happens when you heat an ice cube up?

I asked about your starting material. because it matters.
you need solvent for this to work.
either terpenes, or some other low BP solvent (like butane, or pentane…)

had you started with shatter, and added nothing. I would expect your chances of success to be very low.

google will happily define aliquot for you.

5 Likes

I restarted this time I used more I got the dabs already made and purged for the most part but it’s very heavy on terps idk if it was dewaxed, the only thing I’ve done is put in jar with lid and put it on heat for very short periods of time and take it off after it’s warm it’s day 5 and I have some diamonds forming what should I do next let it sit or take the diamonds out?