Need a lab1st wfe UL listed

Need peer review and UL on a lab1st wiped film evaporator. Please DM with price and details. I know nothing about this process please let me know what’s up.
Located in DTLA

2 Likes

@3PCertz

3 Likes

I don’t believe you’ve got any chance of getting it UL listed… but I could be wrong.

Check here for labs that can test…

https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/nrtllist.html

2 Likes

Best advice. Scratch that get a RFE from chemtech. Get a KD-5 with KD-6 upgrades. They been pumping these bad boys way before the cannabis industry thought about using them. They require a different procedure to operate than WFE.

I’m curious why you’re getting one peer reviewed. Most system that is needed to have one is process systems with pressure.

3 Likes

I can sell you a used kd-6 or kd-10 UL listed. Will probably be cheaper in the long run.

2 Likes

@CannaChemistry If you don’t mind me asking what size turbo pump you’re running on the 6?

1 Like

Fire department wants all of our equipment to be UL listed

1 Like

It’s not mine but I can find out

2 Likes

Definitely do some research before choosing. I like chemtech also Bc of the carousel. They have VTA and POPE. I heard people having great success with YCHEM but i think they are only glass jacketed? Other than those 4 you’re treading in murky waters

It’s no biggie sir. I was just curious.

1 Like

Not happening imo.

Third party engineering report, sure.

UL? Would love to hear I’m wrong…

https://www.ul.com/help/submitting-products-faq

1 Like

If you make the necessary upgrades and replace the necessary electronic components and pay this big $$ there’s no reason UL won’t field list it. It’s just going to be expensive

3 Likes

Sure nuff…

Having learned something, I can wander away now :spoon:

8 Likes

@grajmahal

Are you looking for a lab or lab guy🤣

UL only deals with electronic components, so all you have to do is swap out any electrical items and replace with UL version and you are good to go. I’d be glad to do the homework for you if we can source the equipment needed. I think most items will be easy to swap out but the control panel is going to be tricky. Give us a call or dm if interested

3 Likes
Summary

This text will be hiddenUL only deals with electronic components, so all you have to do is swap out any electrical items and replace with UL version and you are good to go. I’d be glad to do the homework for you if we can source the equipment needed. I think most items will be easy to swap out but the control panel is going to be tricky. Give us a call or dm if interested

1 Like

Contact Zack @GreenMachine_Consult
He can steer you in the right direction

1 Like

You would need a UL 508a panel shop to build a replacement panel, as well as replacing any driven devices like motors with UL listed version. Don’t know what chillers/heaters Lab 1st uses but those would need to be UL compliant as well. It’s not as simple as swapping out components, you can absolutely assemble UL listed components in a way that is not safe, and without a Ul 508a panel shop the assembly and wiring connecting everything together is not certified either.

What I mean is that any item with enclosed electrical components must be swapped for a complete UL approved version. I’m not suggesting opening anything and swapping out internal components (resistors, PID, etc).
This should work for almost any fire inspector because the system is relatively simple and each item is independently operated (not centrally controlled).
If you must use a control panel then you’ll need that UL also. In that case it will probably be a good idea to get a system level field labeling which will cost extra.