Need a lab1st wfe UL listed

You cannot just use ul parts on a device and call it ul. It doesn’t work like that. You have to pay ul for the right to use thier label. . also you must own your company, place a item into production, have insurance and liability insurance as well as a slew of other things to be able to use the ul listing. I have items in ul, and it’s not exactly easy but the device itself has to be paid for to ul for inspection and testing and abuse till it’s basically destroyed prior to being able to use the ul listing logo on any device. Basically to use the certification they become liable and give thier word on safety…you aren’t allowed to just slap stickers on because some of the parts inside are ul or all of them. Not how it works.

1 Like

You are confused. I’m not saying to replace any internal components or create anything new. I’m saying if you swap out complete electrical items with independently labeled replacements then you’ll likely meet the fire marshals requirements. In order to get the UL label on the entire system you’ll have to call UL and have them come out and field label it. If every electrical item already has a UL label, and everything is wired according to spec then you should pass with flying colors.

1 Like

Jesus fucking Christ. Thank you everyone :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Happy to help! Shoot me a dm

1 Like

You know what the “H” In Jesus H Christ signifies?

Means he’s haploid. :shushing_face:

So those two can go at it all they like, but we’re not getting anything new in the F1.

1 Like

Anyone here ever just get the fire Marshalls or inspectors or whomever in a room and successfully demonstrate that their over-caution is unjustified? I mean it’s ridiculous to get so over-regulated. Or just install the non-UL WFE after they inspect your place? I mean what’s your alternative? Buy a new WFE? Pay God knows how much to retroactively get a device UL listed IF that’s even possible? What’s the price of those alternatives vs a fine in the unlikely event of getting discovered at a later date? I’d just make the WFE disappear, get inspected, and reinstall your WFE…

1 Like

Depends on what your permit and investment is worth to you

Given your expertise in swapping out complete electrical items with independently labeled replacements on a device, post pics and paper work where UL come out to the field and gave you a UL listing on that device!

1 Like