Need a Consultant to Help make THCa Crystals from Ethanol Crude

How does one separate thc and thca if it wont crystallize?

that sounds like a pay a chemist type of question :wink:

4 Likes

I have a great method for room temp alcohol to LPG diamonds. It involves membranes, 1-3 LLE, stages, and adsorbents. It’s not for the faint of heart or light on equipment, but it is the most energy-efficient method I’ve explored.

why do you call them LPG diamonds when you don’t use any Liquified Petroleum Gases?

LLE goes to LPG

I got this method on lock.

3 Likes

I saw some spinners for sho brrrr goes the crystals

My process is fully chemical, not a mechanical separation.

Centrifuges would do the trick tho probably, with the right crude input. Mechanically separated etoh thca would probably need to be recrystallized to get it pretty enough to compete on the market.

2 Likes

agreed, although its truly some orgo 1

1 Like

Isolate tho. Crystal value is dropping rapido

People want powder. No one cares about crystals. Plus it takes time to grow a crystal it takes almost no time at all to precipitate a powder.

7 Likes

Speak for yourself I cant give powder away, people only want the crystal clear diamonds :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Last time I was at a dispo I asked what there best diamond deal was. Some customer chimed in and pointed at the 4G/$100 Powder and said it was the best. Next to them was 5G/100 crystal clear giant stones. I went with the giant stones.

All this powder looks so chalky. There is not even any appeal to the product visually. A chunk of Thc-a dipped in rosin is the way to go.

1 Like

On the hemp side people want diamonds so they know its not being cut with CBD Isolate

2 Likes

Could you imagine sending your shit in for testing and it was cut with cbd. That’s some shady ass shit. Wonder what these ice caps are now. lol.

5 Likes

I can only imagine there are company’s using a 20/80 cbd/Thc-a blend just to back door that 20% invisible product to manipulate metrc.

1 Like

Both are so low already on price it’d be really poor business

It shouldn’t be too difficult for someone to make small granular THCA crystals. Granules will always have superior flow/material handling properties to a flocculent powder, and generally better purity.

A skilled crystallographer should be able to make THCA in this granular crystalline form every time:

8 Likes

Crystal size is a fairly arbitrary thing. You can make them whatever size you want quite easily. All on has to do is modulate the point of super saturation with various techniques. Ie temp control, pressure control, agitation etc etc. y’all Wana act like growing crystals is some amazingly difficult thing but it’s not especially with a compound like thca.

I can precipitate whatever size batch(typical batch size is 20kg crude input) of 60%+ thca etoh crude in less then 6 hours (including prep and clean up etc etc, not including residual solvent purge.) with minimal infrastructure. I can precipitate past majority of the impurities, making a nice fine powder that’s a nice white coloration which is perfect for recrystallization if warranted or ready for sales. Only the nastiest lower purity crudes require recrystallization to be ready for sales. The mother liquor can be batched together for further precipitation or decarbed for distillation.

The demand for THCA is massive I literally have orders for 100s of kgs and more orders seem to come every day. They don’t care if it’s crystalline or powder. Most people want powder cause they are exploiting the ice caps hype and making a killing doing so.

This tech is pretty much the tech I used to precipitate cbga and cbda back in the day, but with some big changes and improvements to the method.

It’s quite easy if you know your solubilities and how to modulate the point of supersaturation.

11 Likes

Respectfully man I dont believe you, I have worked on thca isolating techniques and equipment at a large throughput of 100+ kg a week in multiple labs across 3 states for the last several years so im quite aware of how its done efficiently to hit 99%+ and to know what customers are looking for in terms of quality, and have done R&D on just about every possible route to isolate thca-A inline via cold crash, anti solvent, chromatography and ethanol crude LLE, and have done throughput numbers on 300L ethanol centrifuge 120lb CLS, 300L pentane centrifuge multiple 40-80lb units from most of the name brand equipment manufacturers Its not one of those things you can just work out on paper and assume it automatically works, your being intentionally vague and not accounting for ALOT more then just solvent recovery that makes that 6 hours non realistic, especially with “minimal infrastructure” you need wooks, solvent, clean licensed biomass, your own licenses to process it, insurance, a ton of storage space/freezer space, and thats before you even get into c1d1/2 space centrifuges ect. ect. It might be able to be done, but its forsure not as simple as a basic 6 hour task designed for the poorly equipped labs :man_shrugging: