(2.6×108 spores/kg)

Trichoderma
Trichoderma hamatum
T. harzianum
T. koningii
T. longibrachiatum
T. reesei

(each at 1.3×108 cfu/kg)

Soluble Humates, Natural marine algae derivatives (from Ascophylum nodosum) Including :- trace elements, natural plant hormones, amino acids and vitamins.

2 Likes

Anyone use mammoth P?

3 Likes

Mammoth P is a huge scam. Most cannabis growers use too much phosphorus and it either causes flowers to burn black or gets flushed down the drain. It’s hydro store snake oil for very little return.

My suggestion: get a sample of Mammoth P and propagate your own for years:
http://opensalts.wikidot.com/propagate-mammoth-p-samples

EDIT: What I ultimately want is silica fixing bacteria.

11 Likes

Literally this is what I was going to do… wasnt sure what to feed it tho thought maybe oat milk lol
Also now what about the other products they made since i first saw them seems almost like dr zymes clone lol.
How about the snake oil terpinator :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Dr Zymes is such ass. I tried the plant tonic one time, it killed everything.

1 Like

Oh yeah ive never used that. Only eliminator i spray once every 2 weeks as part of my ipm. The off week is spray labs i make my self. Gonna have to look up tonic
Edit cant find the plant tonic maybe you mean eliminator

2 Likes

I think I still have the bottle I’ll grab a photo of it

It’s dr Q’s plant tonic :man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Ah yeah thats the only one i could find.
I know a few people who ruined their crop with dr zynes… sprayed with lights on lol

2 Likes

Ooooof, that’s why I like alexa, I can just tell it to turn them off as I’m spraying or immediately after so I can still see ( we had a guy that used to use night vision since he was also a merc, was a great thing)

1 Like

Random question, is it the same with led lights as hid? Bad to spray under both, or does led not burn wet plants like hid?

2 Likes

I dont think temp maters as much as the strength of the spectrum like how a cloudy day you still can get a sun burn

3 Likes

It burns under led too from my experience.

Edit: dunno about the dr zymes stuff in particular, just a foilar spray in general.

3 Likes

Depending on the spectrum of led or I should say color in this case, reds/whites will intensify almost like a laser upon the leaf as moisture magnifys the PAR hitting the leaf. Same as with hps as well.

3 Likes

We should be highly skeptical of any mycorrhizae and/or microbial amendment products. I’m sure they aren’t all bad but probably most are. There is literally zero regulation in this market and these companies can say whatever they want on their labels and nothing has to be true. It’s hard to find any sort of test results on these products but Oregon Department of Ag has a fertilizer program where they were testing some of these products. You can find the results here:

https://www.oregon.gov/oda/programs/Pesticides/Fertilizers/Pages/ReportsPublicationsForms.aspx

Some of the more well known products like Great White and Mykos test pretty poorly. Mammoth P I guess isn’t terrible as far as comparing to others on the lists but as far as the label guarantee it’s pretty bad. On the far right is the label guarantee and just to the left is the lab analysis. You can find this in the 2017 micro results.

I went to the Mammoth P site and they don’t even tell you the ingredients as far as I could find. They have a decent marketing department. The site looks professional and they use a lot of modern design strategies and lots of sciency terms. They even say “lab tested quality control” which I’m not sure I understand. Are they lab testing their QC? Anyway, it doesn’t matter because they could say they’ve taught the microbes to lab test themselves and that’s 100% fine.

Lab analysis results are also available on the ODA site there for a lot of soils and fertilizer products if anyone is interested, not just the microbial products. Thing is, the last results were from 2018 so I’m not sure if they’re testing anymore. But pick any year for micro results and it should be pretty eye opening when you start seeing how consistently bad most products are.

I’ve spent way more time than anyone should trying to understand how and why these products can be so terrible but with the information not flowing so freely it makes sense. Essentially it’s like I said, there’s no regulation. It’s a perfect market for taking advantage of people and it looks like many companies are doing it, with many of the products showing no signs of life at all. Hell, lots of them tell you to apply every week or two and that’s an awesome piece of advice to give people if you’re the seller of the product, but what’s the efficacy of doing that besides efficient income throughput? And don’t mistake this as me questioning the benefits of real life mycorrhizae and beneficial microbes. I understand their use and benefits but you’re not getting them with many of the products on the market today.

Anyway, I think this is my first post here. I probably haven’t read as much as I should before posting but this is a hot button issue with me currently so I never shut up about it.

16 Likes

That’s one hell of a first post! Thank you

3 Likes

Nice, and very well articulated first post!!! Welcome to the community, and I look forward to hearing more from you. That was a very concise, and well thought out post! Welcome to the Future!

3 Likes

5 days after great white was introduced as 1/4 tsp per cube dispersed & drenched in. Just about every plug now has roots shooting out or already into the vermiculite just drinking away!

I also did a worm casting tea second day after great white powered with AGT-50 at 1.5 ml per gal water.

1 Like

ive seen results from great white. Mykos claims better due to one strain but im not sure its better. I think I like powder form vs granular.

1 Like

Creating the right environment for the beneficial bacteria and fungi to grow is much more important than the potency of any product on the shelf.

4 Likes