My tops are touching other buds causing mold

looks like aspergillus, toxic mold

What I meant to say was the healthy buds are not poisoned by the spores released from the moldy buds. Botyritis is even intentionally used in winemaking to infect the grapes to make certain types of gourmet wine. Of course it is bad to smoke mold and yucky.
But with the mold in picrelated it might be a different story, as it is not grey mold.

You also said op would probably be good to just clean the room normally. This is the exact reason people continue to deal with these problems over and over again.

1 Like

I was giving advice based on my own experience with grey mold, which I wrongly assumed is his issue, because it usually is. I only had it in the summer when it got far too hot but not afterwards in the same room with good climate.
But I never saw black or white mold on plants, which might require decontamination of the room, like mildew seems to once it was there once.
Imho, grey mold isn’t too much to worry about and can be avoided with the right climate, and definitely doesn’t warrant spraying fungicides, prophilactically or reactively. Infested buds have to be tossed obviously. You can see and smell if they are unhealthy and already infected before the mold becomes visible.
Others may have different experience though.

Larger tops should be checked thoroughly while trimming specifically because this isn’t true. Buds can look and smell fabulous, yet be rotted on the inside.

3 Likes

Yeah thats true. If you find some discolored bits while seperating a cola into buds during the trimming then throw away liberally. But you can somewhat spot it early when it just starts on the inside, the bud looks soggy and sweaty and the leaves are unhappy. It is probably different from strain to strain.
I forgot that we are doing different things really. I had a small box and could peel apart every main bud every day, while many of you grow in large halls and then put the harvest into a big grinder and then into a column to extract.
If my livelyhood depended on weed, I would probably also try to decontaminate as thoroughly as possible after a botyritis grow, even if I believe it is not necessary.
And try to find a non harmful way to continue the run if it is not near harvest time.
This here is probably good advice for such cases:

Had that happen with mealybugs

Looked and smelled fine until cracking it open.

Made my skin crawl

What the best dehumidifier or pints a day for a room the size of 22Lx14wx9H

41 5 gallon pots