My tops are touching other buds causing mold

you turn off a/c and dehu at night?

3 Likes

Roguelab at it again with harmful advice…

Don’t spray fungicide, especially not on blooming plants. Those azols are unhealthy for people. Just cut off the pieces with budrot and a bit surrounding it and harvest rather sooner than later. The botyritis is not toxic so your harvest is not contaminated by the spores except for people with mold allergy.
To prevent budrot in the future, I think it is sufficient to clean the room like you would clean it anyway and then provide an environment where it can’t flourish so not too hot and humid and maybe have some rotating fans to dissipate the heat from the lamps and let the plants enjoy a constant breeze, this also increases the yield. If you still have mold then use a better strain.
As for powdery mildew, it usually only occurs if the intake air during lamps off is too cold, below 10°C, but you seem to have a closed room system with your ac and dehumidifier.

edit: Also don’t overfertilize, it makes the plants very susceptible to botyritis and makes weed of horrible quality anyway.

2 Likes

Just the dehumidifier but now that’s gonna change

1 Like

If anything you should lower your humidity at lights out.

5 Likes

Humidity goes up when lights go out

Are you bottom feeding like flood and drain? I don’t see drippers. If so that’s a lot of standing water contributing to your humidity. Also healthy plants are more resistant to mold. Idk if they just woke up or not but those budshots don’t look happy.

2 Likes

Hand water gang :joy::joy:

1.1 gallons per

2 Likes

This. From my understanding a plant with a high brix level will be less susceptible to mold. I actually just ordered a refractometer for like 120 bucks to try out on my tomatoes.

6 Likes

A simple what? Refractometer?

1 Like

This is the style I got. It looked like there were other styles but went with this style because it’s the style BAS has on there website.

lol at the typo above, still waking up. Thought I said refractometer in my comment

2 Likes

All good. Was just wondering cause I recently picked up a $30 cheapo off of Amazon at the suggestion of @emdub27. Still having a hard time getting my brix above 7% using raw salts in coco. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I am not @ roguelab u are beeing very slective i said in the worst case scenario…
I opted for the sulfum first.
But indeed the people who run the large grow ops these days dont care about end consumer. They just care how many grams per watt how many squarefeet how many kilo.
Most dont have love for the plant but only love for the dollar.

1 Like

If you handwater, try some molasses in the tank every now and then. Somehow the sticky stuff in the water translates to sticky flowers. Also algae extract is a very useful supplement on coco.

A meeldauw infestation is very bad and can ruin the crop fast, but spraying agrochemical stuff that is maybe only allowed for ornamental plants and who knows what it does when smoked, dont know man… Better harvest immediately if it spreads too fast and make distillate. And then throw a sulfur bomb because the people that caught it say it comes back everytime.

Yes and it spreads fast as fuck, there are 2 type valse meeldauw and meeldauw. The first ine is the baddest spreads like crazy.
I would not smoke it either but people who have big harvest say 80 kilo.
80x 4000€ =3600000 dont throw it away for ethical purposes sad to say.
We dont have quality control over here like that. :pensive::grin:

We don’t either. Most people here are accustomed to smoking dregs treated with cancer chemicals and once it is legal will be surprised how stoned they can get from the plant.

Thanks for the tip! I have some dehydrated molasses on hand, will that work? Never heard of the algae extract. Guess I got some research to do! :nerd_face:

Messed up that quote somehow lol! Sorry about that.

I don’t kow, I used a molasses syrup from the health food store. I saw this in the icmag a long time ago and tried it and it seemed to make a difference. It is supposed to feed bacteria. Maybe plain sugar also works.
The brown algae extract is the main constituent of most flower enhancers but a lot cheaper. On icmag people were using algae meal for their soil mixes.
I used to get a liquid extract from the garden center (ascophyllum nodosum).

Maybe you can use molasses in automatic irrigation too but I would be worried that it clogs the drippers. But in recirculating system it would go foul after a day.

1 Like

(Not actual picture but it’s exactly this)

I think it’s bud Rot first time growing we think it’s just mold but it only happen to the big buds not all but it mainly focused on big buds. The lights don’t have a dedicated fan so everything else gets fanned except for the litterly tops and I’m pretty sure the humidity over night played a huge part

Botrytis starts on the inside of the bud and works its way out. If you see it on the outside, there are many more that have it on the inside that can’t be seen, yet. You’ll find a lot more when trimming, if that’s the route for this product.

People have given you some great advice, and hopefully it’ll help you salvage what you can from this run and prevent it for future ones. Keep that humidity down all the time, increase circulation all the time, and clean, clean, clean (room, intake, equipment, etc).

I strongly disagree with this. Botrytis (and all molds/mildew) are harmful for anyone to put in their lungs, especially when aerosolized via combustion or vaporization. For those with allergies and/or are immunocompromised, a bowl can be fatal. Smoking contaminated flower can kill someone who isn’t even aware they have reason to be weary. Healthy people can be hospitalized from consumption.

Even with full medical history on everyone consuming it (which is highly unlikely), I would still be especially cautious. No one wants their medicine to kill them.

7 Likes