My new project KDT10 from chemtech services

okay lets get it, ive been wanting to upload a video, its a new project im honored to be apart of learning wiped film an understanding it an applying it to this unit, anyways any perspectives are welcome as i am not a “cannachemist”

2 Likes

Looks pretty!

1 Like

Looks nice man. How many turbo pumps are on it? Also i think the KD10 is a Rolled film. Just FYI Rolled film startup is different than a wiped film. Also make sure before you turn the turbo once your vacuum is stable. As soon as you turn the jacket on you need to turn the wiper blades on a very low setting regardless if you’re feeding it.

4 Likes

Yeah those PTFE rollers hate stagnant heat.

3 Likes

Did they tell you to stagger the temps by 10C each pass? I’d definitely experiment with that as you get it dialed in. I’m not sure if temps are the same for wiped as they are for rolled. Those are wiped film temps. Make sure you clarify with them.

That’s one expensive ass monster though good luck

Are the trash outlets on each pass collected in a ball? Or they hAve dosing pumps for outlet ?

What’s that machine to the left of it?

3 Likes

Nice I have the same unit but two phase. I posted a SOP for this thing yesterday in another thread.

4 Likes

we have 2 turbo’s, an thanks for the heads up:ok_hand:

thats awsome! id like to see that

1 Like

Decarboxylation skid.

1 Like

the trash is collected on each pass, but for the first pass we only use the first 2 stages for terp stripping, an yes we have residue pumps for the bottoms

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah do you have a link? I’d be very interested in seeing this. Can’t seem to find it on the site.

1 Like

:eyes:
try the post right above yours!!

:fork_and_knife::spoon:

https://future4200.com/uploads/short-url/mTL51GXpEWwBc35jRRo3OH5XbGf.pdf

thanks @NewLevelProcess !!!

or practice your search skills… Search results for '@NewLevelProcess SOP' - Future4200

4 Likes

wow thanks man, i am already seeing a difference

Your temps are way off if you’re trying to distill on that second evaporator

158 c 300 to 700 microns vac for 1st pass terpene strip

178 on the second evaporator to get mains out as deep of vac as possible

183-188 on the third to get the tails out as deep of vac as possible

No need for more then 1 pass on a 3 stage if operated correctly

If you’re running fast you might need to up each temp by 5 degrees

I’d also up your feed temp temperature so you get a better terpene strip

3 Likes

If the unit breaks I’m pretty good at working on these, keep me in mind. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

I run 175 on final residual strip and get low single digit remainders. Wrap the evap bodies with fiberglass cloth and you wont waste as much heat.

1 Like

we have already begun to change up our temps, an wow what a drastic improvement, today is sunday an i can not wait to get back in the lab to get this thing pumpin out some clear :fire:

1 Like

will be looking into the fiberglass wrap as soon as i get back in the lab on monday:ok_hand:

I’m also running at 7 liters per hour on a 6 inch Yhchem

I could go low and slow but I have like 200 kg a day to process so that wont work

Feed rate matters a ton when it comes to evaporator temp selection

1 Like