My love for building extractors (diy)

Looks like 2 material, 2 crc, 1 dewax

2 Likes

When I get this into the OKC lab, I’ll post a YouTube of a full 1 hour run.

9 Likes

its bigger than it looks, 10 inches? Thats what she said!

1 Like

im a valve maniac and have over 10 valves on a simple system and think i need 4 more. my coils always have liquid butane even after a heat bath.

1 Like

Hmmm, which one are you using? If your heating butane, or any solvent, it’s gonna leave where it’s getting unstable at to find a place to where’s it’s more stable (more cooler area). Heating the coil, if there is liquid butane, should definitely raises pressures and send it somewhere. Post a pic of what you got

1 Like

im probably way off om everything, how dow you seal 3 columns to the manifold> I think i misviewed it, the back end is stationary and the material column in front?

1 Like

The material columns are the ones on the same side with the 3”x36” jacketed molecular sieve column. The evaporators all tie in on top of each other with the 1” ball valves. Which then run along through the bottom of the m.s. column, then out the top where I’ll split it, before running along 2 separate dry ice coils (both have one direction flow).

1 Like

Getting the two main evaporator spouts all together.

13 Likes

This little bee :honeybee: is giving me his blessing.

21 Likes

I heard beehives only use swagelock…

7 Likes

super good thread. keep posting the hq pictures!

8 Likes

Super clean build! Gotta love those tube benders, mines from ridged and its 316 stainless so it does not mar the tubing too bad.

Are you using the coils for recovery or injection?

Also the pour spouts out of the bottom of the evaps is super clean with the 2 way valves, nice safety measure incase you over evap

6 Likes

You’re putting together one hell of a machine!!! I wish I had the money, and knowledge to build something as bad ass as this is going to be!!! Fucking RIGHTOUS build homie!!!

2 Likes

Are you using open jackets for the collection vessels?

1 Like

@FicklePickle

2 Likes

Yeah this was the only thing that left me scratching my head. I’d find a local welder to finish them up. Fuck buying new columns those are pricey

3 Likes

Yes sir. All I had atm. Will upgrade to fully jacketed later when they have them from back order

I tried one column, my local welder warped it so bad. I was pissed.

1 Like

Oh Jesus… not all welders are created equal. I had a local guy do work on my collection vessel and it came out great, that’s my only real experience letting someone work on my rig

4 Likes