My love for building extractors (diy)

why spend so much on those when your 8inch clamps are not rated anywhere near that?

3 Likes

The LJStar SSH clamps are rated for about 400psi at 8” and those are $250 a pop.

@Boomtownpharms you’ll have to call LJ star directly but it’s worth the savings alone.

Edit: just to be clear I agree that those ASME clamps are overkill if you don’t step up those 8” clamps.

3 Likes

Happy birthday man! Let me know when you’re back in OKC

1 Like

I bought mine from XD. It was the same price as the Pro Series High Pressure from BVV.

This system is a mock up to what I really want to shoot towards. Hopefully soon.

3 Likes

https://xtractordepot.com/collections/clamps/products/asme-high-pressure-clamps?variant=40051387020

These were the exact ones I bought. Pretty cheap for whatcha get.

7 Likes

50% off, nice!

Nice setup, very clean.

Where did you source the coils, and solvent tank?

1 Like

And XD for the tank. But I would go a different route for tank purposes. Only reason I’m using this one, we already owned it. Just gonna swagelok the top and get to it.

4 Likes

Hey buddy, yeah. I didn’t need them, but they were the same price for the pro series on BVV. I didn’t do the 8” ASME clamps because I already had 8” pro series clamps I had on an earlier system. Going as cost effeicient as possible for the moment. I do want to mess around more with pure propane systems… I have some similar designs, and I know the terp pulls from propane would be nice.

4 Likes

Happy belated birthday!!! The system looks badass!

1 Like

https://www.glaciertanks.com/extraction-lid-g800-2150-dn40-2fn4.html

The sight glasses… really, I just went with the cheapest lid I could find that had the fittings I needed (check the link. I added 1.5” sight glass from XD to the one slot, the other slot that’s 1.5”, I put a brewers hardware 1.5” tri x 1” MNPT fitting. That leaves 2 1/4” FNPT for PRV and Gauge and the other to ball valve off for dumping.)

2 Likes

Finally done with installing the 1” tubing. The pic with the wrenches shows how much strength your ass needs to squeeze them damn ferrules. Thankfully, anything larger than the 1” tube fittings, you’ll have to pre-swage the ferrules. In short, I skipped gym day.

14 Likes

is this personal use or are you designing a machine for sale? how does the manifold come off 3 columns conveniently? What im seeing on the machine is high volume but how can that happen with the manifold and how do you change columns>

Tip= source your stuff from china. Bvv etc uses alibaba, You cant resell shit if you rebuy from USA

It’s strictly personal use. Not for sale. Just showing people what I’m utilizing and how I’m piecing it together. The manifold on top of the evaporators are set up so I can control what is being sucked up or what I can build pressure in. Can also do different batches of strains at one time.

10 Likes

im presuming you have lots of experience. Im confused how that manifold on top gets on and off easily?

1 Like

It never moves. It’s stationary. Only the tops of the material columns are movable.

2 Likes

Im slow so ill let that soak in ad see if I figure it out by tomorrow? Isnt one a material column?

1 Like

This looks like you have planned for awhile. I like your style. I’m in central cali also, if you ever need a hand I’m always down. :clap:

4 Likes

im new to rack mount. I still take the column off and bathe it in dry ice.

1 Like

The one side holds 3 evaporators (2 coiled and one honey pot collector). The other side houses mol. Sieve and 2 10-12lb material columns. Filters and dry ice coils are nearly done, I will show detailed pics of how I pieced together the 3-way ball valves for ultimate control.

4 Likes