My crashed diamonds are inconsistent

I have had some pretty inconsistent results with diamonds I have grown, sometimes I’ll get beautiful big rigid diamonds and sometimes ill just get a sugar, and I’m not sure exactly what is causing the inconsistency. The only thing I can really think of is that some of the material I used was a bit older by the time I ran it and my company is pretty much phasing out BHO so I’m not getting any new material to practice with. I’ve been told that it could possibly be moisture from the fresh frozen or from leaving my material column open too long once its chilled, but again I don’t know for sure. What besides strain will effect the consistency/structure of the diamonds?

Never gotten to be the first to say this so…

Use the search bar! There are so many threads on here about good diamond SOP. If you read a few of these threads, you can probably get a better concept at what factors are affecting you/what specific questions to ask.

6 Likes

what are you doing your crashes in? jars or a miner? if its jars are they brand new? if not how new are the lids and how well are they cleaned? are they all ball jars? are you being consistent with the pours? are you using the same amount of filter media or are some jars from the first run and some from the second/third run if you are doing multiple runs for your crc media? what temp are you keeping your stuff at? how are you controlling this temp?

you didn’t provide any info bro lol how are we supposed to help?

That is The cannabis tech to learn but no one who knows it spoon feeds. You can definitely learn enough on this forum to get you consistent size, but then it becomes about speed and clarity, then are some extremely knowledgeable people who help with direct questions, but understand their knowledge is valuable. Give DiamondAlchemy a follow on IG and reach out for a possible consultation, dude knows his shit,

Saturation level…

Learn of the metastable zone & understand why Ostwald ripening is your friend. (Read more…)

You do realize you can just add more solvent at try again when you miss right?!?

No?

More reading!!!

5 Likes

“A friend indeed” for diamonds…. An enemy for stable emulsions.

1 Like