My buddy doesnt believe in indica or sativa in 2021. What are your thoughts

This isn’t a one solution suits all situation though either. An individual can have full blown placebo and negate all the other aspects, yes, but that doesn’t mean other variability has no grounds or reality to it.

If you ask me the smell of lavender gives a very different effect than that of clean laundry, or freshly prepared food. :man_shrugging:

I could smoke a weak indica and totally see how it’d fool me into thinking it’s a sativa “it didn’t knock me out”.

So many variables… the human variable is the most troublesome, as the effects all fall on that.

Which is why, clinical trials, standards.:rofl:

1 Like

Also, even if there’s terpene based differences, there’s nothing to say they fall into nice tidy indica and sativa categories. After all, there are many diverse terpene profiles out there.

4 Likes

^^^^^exactly

Fella’s, it’s all grey, well, technically green, red, purple, yellow, it’s weed, it’s weed, and uhhhh just like the people who consume it… Lotta variability and inconsistencies. :rofl:

1 Like

I think its down to how we as people react to a high

Terpenes play a role, and everyones bodies are different. Therefore, effects will be broad.

4 Likes

THC by itself is a stimulating substance.

4 Likes

Until you come down off a high dose and cant keep your eyes open. Is this actually from out body metablozing THC to CBN as i have explained to others?

In my opinion, sativa and indica are more for growing as @anon16547145 said. The 2 do have differences, @thumper himself stated that indicas have shorter shallower stalks and grow shorter, along with having golf ball, denser nuggets. From my knowledge true indicas were naturally exposed to colder mountain climates when we first started cultivating and even before we did. More on the northern part of the world, same story is for sativa except in the south of the world. We created hybrids by crossing for generations and generations. Its how we got watermelon and bananas to look the way we do now.

Its way to in depth for this small post

Effects wise? Its all about genetics, terpenes and THC along with people being different than each other.

3 Likes

I think that study was debunked

Correct me if I’m wrong though i may be thinking of something else

I need to ponder this for a while. May take a heroic dose of psilocybin

3 Likes

It’s :100: all in people’s heads. Cornerstone Research group out of la did a study a while back that confirmed this to be true and that actual “strain” type had little to no effect and terpenes barely played a role.

Terpenes also have no effect as determined by vape carts.

My personal anecdotes: Weed makes you feel how you want to feel. If people believe it’s going to make them energetic, they’ll feel energetic. If they feel they’re going to become sleepy, they’ll become sleepy.

4 Likes

Is there any science to back the reddit perception that amber trichs= couch lock?

2 Likes

Your stomach acids supposedly convert it to 11-hydroxy THC if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

I believe the fact amber trichomes are more CBN leaning is why that contributes to a couch lock effect in some people

3 Likes

Agreed it might have worked like that 30yrs ago but since all the crossing I think it’s over

It’s like this I have lol…I have ppl that ask for indica or sativa carts…I just make it up and say yep it’s sativa or yep it’s indica then later on they are like damn these are on fire…and things like smoke the sativa at work to not get as high

It’s the same disty just terps added

5 Likes

If im not mistaken, trich colors can help determine age of the cannabis, typically amber trichs are older which make sense to that theory.

1 Like

Easy test.

Just take small bits of pure isolated terpene. (Blind study of course). Mix with distillate. Dab it. Gather data.

If anything I’d imagine some very short lived differences if any.

Terps, oils,esters are everything. I can dab pure THCA diamonds all day and get an uppy high. Once I add the terps back in I separated the high totally changes. Anyone who claims different has not dabbed pure THCA. Nobody I know can dab/smoke as much as me.

12 Likes

That’s called placebo effect, something that’s rarely if ever mentioned when talking about the entourage effect. Nor individual physiology and psychology. Genetics play a role how drugs will impact you as well.

Considering bud tenders are playing the role of pharmacologist essentially by “prescribing” different strains in order to make a sale, it’s not surprising it doesn’t get brought up, and the false dichotomy continues to get pushed.

Placebo effect alone has been shown to be as effective if not more than some antidepressants.

2 Likes

This topic reminds of the test they did on some females, replaced vodka with water and they took “shots” next thing you know they start acting stupid and they’re told it was just water and suddenly they come back to their senses.
All in the head I think. Keep in mind all this “sativa” “indica” thing was created by man. Obvious mistakes. I agree with someone on here who said indica vs sativa is more for the style/structure of the plant.

1 Like

Agreed that the only thing indica vs sativa genetics effects is the growing of the plant.

Terpenes may effect the high a little, and certain terpenes may be more common in indica vs sativa… so indirectly there may be some correlation regarding effects, but that is due to the terpenes in the mix and not directly due to the genetics of the plant.

So really indica vs sativa only means something when you are buying seeds to grow. If you are looking for a dank jar of nugs, do not pay attention to strain, follow your nose and look for those powdered donut nugs. Also know that 30% and over THC values are a lie… 27% is about as far as the plant can be pushed, anything else is “lab error” aka clients paying labs for higher THC values.

That’s a bold statement…

3 Likes