Molecular Sieve Size??

In the open woods I don’t think you’d have issues…that’s the world’s best c1d1 right… The ppm would break up fast I imagine

@Soxhlet. Any professional thoughts

5 Likes

Why are you getting rid of the gas?

3 Likes

Soxhlet. I was getting rid of the gas due to moisture build up and pesticide contamination. Already checked with local hazardous waste disposal and they will not take it. Cold up here in the winters though so I’m not sure how fast the gas would dissipate.

1 Like

Is that just to ensure maximum absorption, or do you run it that big so you dont have to change them as often

I’m using 3x12

How many lbs of butane do you run through it before a change?

Totally depends on the amount of water you’re pulling.

1 Like

I’m just running dried cured trim/biomass. Is there a general guideline for this? Doing roughly 10-12lb runs with a 6:1 solvent:trim ratio. My sieve is 3x18, been thinking maybe it needs to be bigger.

Even though it’s dry, it still has some moisture in it. So it’s kinda difficult to quantify based solely on volume run.

That being said, it’s a good practice to do on a somewhat regular basis with your extracting schedule.

You won’t know the threshold of your beads until you get water in your recovery coil from the beads being saturated.

How often do you get new solvent, and when you do, how much are you buying?

Embarrassing to say, but I don’t run jacketed material columns so I’m wasting a little more solvent than necessary I know. But I would say roughly get 1x “120#” tank every 10 days

1 Like

Bake em every 10 days then when you get a new tank or every other tank if you’re able.

This is probably overkill, but is better to be on top of it, then so lackadaisical that you have a run freeze in the recovery coil. That shit sucks

2 Likes

awesome man I will do that. Appreciate your help as always!

2 Likes

Oh and is it still preferred to do the 3a with the 13x on top do you know? I am running 4a as thats all the store near me had, but found some 3a so going to switch them out.

Great question, I’ve used 3a and 4a and honestly don’t have enough information on what’s better. Anyone smarter wanna chime in? @Killa12345

2 Likes

I think 4a picks up more. I like a mix of 4a and 10a to pick up Terps

4 Likes

where you get 10a?

@Backyard_Boy

2 Likes

Can you extract said terps from 10a w like LLE of sorts

I would doubt that juice would be worth the squeeze but im sure to an extent it would work. What would be lost in the water and solvent might make them no good. Never tried it just what i would think if i was thinking of doing it

Where’s the LLE in this proposed experiment?

Doubt they pick up enough terps to be worth it.

1 Like