Modifying a chinese centrifuge to ul standard

I just for got this machine in last week and are in process and talking to CSI for a third party review. I will keep you posted on our results.

5 Likes

Awesome. Please update asap

Which company did you meet with?

Would you care to divulge which company you chose to go with?

Not right now, no. If you’re looking at centrifuges direct, look at peony or zhonglian. Be aware that last time I checked none of their off the shelf centrifuges we’re quite right for our purposes, and will need modification, either by the manufacturer or by someone here.

1 Like

The discrepancy regarding some of the stated volume capability being lost relates to the use of ethanol diluted biomass, in that if we filled this unit to maximum capacity, the solvent would compromise the seal on the motor drive shaft.

Thus, the special request must be made to Peony (they are the manufacturers of this unit) to “raise” the fluid line … note the red line I have drawn here, and the arrow indicating it must be “raised” in order to prevent ethanol from submerging the seal and affecting the working capability of the unit.

Additionally, the PLCs and everything in the electronic box must be re-done to UL/CSA standards. We inquired with peony about receiving a wiring schematic as a base line reference and we were going to have an electrical contractor re-make everything using certified components, then get a third-party review sign off… Its a lot of work but it can be done.

1 Like

I went with this design. Forget about your cone and red line . I have another drawing showing the cooling jacket. Cant find it right now.

3 Likes

Whoops, that diagram is the jacketed version. The jacket is 2 cm which seems a bit small to me. Any thoughts? Anyway, the more units purchased the better the deal. DM if interested. East coast shipment.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose you could tell me what you mean by that? Was is something fundamental that couldn’t be changed on this side, or are we talking about things like electrical components?

The off the shelf units are not generally designed to be flooded. Also the electrical is best done/redone here.

2 Likes

thanks!

Has anyone on this thread gotten PSI to peer review a centrifuge extractor from China? $?

Hello,dear
We are the China supplier “PEONY”
Thanks for knowing that you are in the industry and looking for the supplier.
I think you may be our one potential consumer.

And now,we have completed the whole line for extracting oil.
So,if you have interests about it and want to know more about it,
pls kindly inform me.

I hope we still have the chance to cooperate!:grinning:

My online contact is +86 19951199985 (office number),
or you can send me email : [centrifuges@vip.sina.com]

Waiting for your message.

Anita yuen

[quote]I think you may be our one potential customer.[/quote] lol :joy:

1 Like

Do you guys have a centrifuge with all PTFE gaskets that can withstand submerged floodable hexane?

3 Likes

Hi! I’m glad to know that you are interested about our machine and know that you are in the market for hemp oil.
Could you kindly send your requirements by email?And i think we could discuss more about it.
Waiting for your email.
And you can add whatsapp for more convenient communcation.

Tel:+86 19951199985 (office number),
Email : [centrifuges@vip.sina.com]

Where did you end up finding this guy?

Do they have PTFE gaskets?

1 Like

You think this is safe? I’ve been hearing scary stories lately. Price is hard to walk away form though…

Tell me more!

I’ve only interacted with a couple of the OEM atex motors. If you run them too slow, even the Baldor motors can get really hot. Not quite etoh auto-ignition temps, but close enough to make one double check!!!

I’ve also a distinct image in my head of an OEM Chinese motor with the power cable poking straight up.

With a budget “operator install” I can see that going sideways fast.

If you need pieces of paper to convince the AHJ that y’all’s good to go, you need them.

If you dont and know what you’re doing, or pay someone who does to actually make sure it’s safe, they are a better option that any of the “clothes drying” or “salad spinner” options except for the 110year old BOCK/NSEP design.

With careful inspection and appropriate retrofits or repairs, these things do get the job done.

Caveat: I think this looks likes good idea…

1 Like