MLABS Secure Phone (Sidco Endorsed!)

I meant the target market for the ad here. Not in general.

Please keep in mind this site is the only site on the internet the mlabs phone was marketed on. Or even mentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that.

But my point is youā€™re still not thinking outside of your own lived experiences. Thatā€™s not an insult to you, itā€™s just human nature. It takes work and effort to put yourself in othersā€™ shoes when their shoes are nothing like your shoes.

For example, there are women on this forum, and some of them could have an abusive spouse or family member who if they found out the women had an abortion would hurt or kill them.

1 Like

I know oppressed people use it all the time. Russians and Chinese for example.

Just because I donā€™t mention all possible uses donā€™t mean I donā€™t know about them.

But if your marketing to one audience than that is your target market.

1 Like

See my edit above :wink:

The whole rabbit hole I travel down started cause I noticed it was only mentioned on this one page on the entire internet BTW.

And things just got more odd

2 Likes

Just like celluar wafers :exploding_head: :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha that magic bean loser. Not OP, but sample guy.

Itā€™s so magic it melts before you get it.

I do think OP may have decent intentions or he wouldnā€™t be trying so hard though.

1 Like

He didnā€™t say that. He actually said if you want access to the site reach out and he will give you the password

1 Like

Where are you getting $2000 a month from this? I get another member brought it up, asked and answered it was for a completely different service, even spelled out exactly what it was. Thatā€™s not for the phone we are talking about.

And they would seeā€¦ that you use Signal / Briar / or just Tor and not see that those services are even in use. And there is no Verizon backdoor app installed so support can see what youā€™re running.

I am sure you have seen some apps cannot be disabled on a cooked phone.

They do, but Voip is painful over tor, voice and text messages ait tho.

Wut? No. Summit was shilling them for a bit too. Though it does look like our SEO is the top results for these guys right now.

Hey I hope at least this discussion has let people know there is an alternative (Pixel+GrapheneOS) to accepting spyware and malware. 7 Pro 256gb is ~$1000 on Amazon, 2k (one time) from MLABs. You pay for your own cell service. I have the 6a 128gb, $320 on amazon, $1100 MLABs. Plus 5% off if you get it here. For someone who doesnā€™t know how to flash a phone or understand the idea of grapheneOS but knows they donā€™t want to be spied on anymore itā€™s not a bad deal. I donā€™t think it comes with any official support but I would be willing to bet they would help you get started using it, go over the features, explain the security concepts, and get you on your way. (if they wont I would)

4 Likes

Great to know, thanks. I thought someone wrote it was created by two F4200 members and someone who was part of Knox. I assumed from that info that this thread was its first public exposure. And I didnā€™t know it was sold by Summit previously.

This is the type of info @Mlabsindustries should include in marketing docs. If only they were willing to create docs to inform their potential customers.

EDIT:

I just edited my post you quoted to remove my incorrect understanding.

Good to know they wrap with Orbot (I assmed that was the case). But I wasnā€™t clear about VoIP. They wouldnā€™t want to just wrap with Orbot and try to use UDP tunneling to anonymize VoIP over Tor. The QOE would be pretty poor I assume (just like trying to use e.g., Skype over Tor on a computer).

Itā€™s true that previously VoIP over Tor had poor QOE, but now things are different. Check out Donar for VoIP over Tor in a distributed manner over multiple concurrent circuits (what Donar devs call ā€œlinksā€). Itā€™s still early days for Donar but itā€™s very promising.

Donar research paper:
Donar: Anonymous VoIP over Tor (2022)

Also, check out this study from 2020:
The Road Not Taken: Re-thinking the Feasibility of Voice Calling Over Tor

2 Likes

Thanks for adding this context and corrections.

1 Like

I admit I donā€™t know much about phone security, but I was able to disable undisableable apps with ā€œPackage Diasablerā€
It even has options to disable all ā€œbloatwareā€ automatically so you donā€™t even have to know what to look for.
You can pretty much disable everything on the phone with that.

The only option I seen for the phone was the Pixel 6a which was $1300 and the page got locked so canā€™t really see if they updated it.

I did noticed it was mentioned on one other website and that was only by using image search. It was from a cannabis equipment supplier selling the phones (summit) Which I mentioned was odd also as it was another cannabis related site. Itā€™s still true that this is the only page itā€™s talked about.

I do admit I found a couple things funny and kept running with it for the fact (stuff that was obviously about other ā€œservicesā€ I stopped mentioning, but others kept mentioning it anyways) But no one was able to satisfactorily refute that stuff (mlabs was refusing or unable to respond and only refutes was ā€œI thinkā€) so I didnā€™t find it misleading.

Canā€™t say I was playing respectable at times, but some people I find you canā€™t have respectful conversations with and itā€™s best to just make fun of them about the nonsense they keep posting.

3 Likes

How would ANYONE know what the details are??? You cant see any of this information on the website!

So what is the service you guys are talking about?? whats the cost?? what benefits does the 2000$ a month service get you!

This is the weirdest business model ive ever seen in my entire lifeā€¦

Last question, are you currently using one of their phones as your primary cell phone?

1 Like

I am not a paranoid person. But I was serious that they couldnā€™t pay me to use the phone and Iā€™d throw it into a river.

Just wanted to add. This was their original product offering page for the phone before they changed it to who knows what now.

I looks an awful lot to me it was originally intended to be a monthly thing with and option to buy it outright without the extra benefits.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220625224747/https://mlabsindustries.com/securephone/

1 Like

If you clicked on the link on the web page to goto the secure phone that was the exact page you were brought to with the monthly plans and you had to click an additial link to buy it outright even.

1 Like

Great so the minimal plan is $1000 a month, 1500, and the ol mighty $2000 a month optionā€¦ Id love to see the actual payments for your phones @sidco

please so us some receipts that you really endorse this phoneā€¦ Id love to know the person that has the disposable income to blow 1000-2000 a month on a cell phone. They must got a private plane too.

1 Like

Keep in mind even buying it outright the phone would be marked up over $900 a piece and the only thing they do is load it with stuff that is freely available and open source on the internet.

Thatā€™s a 5min flash

3 Likes

Just use signal messenger if you are worried about your communications not being private.

This phone is such a scam

1 Like

When the head whatever guy tells you you canā€™t access the website cause of IP concerns.

But if youā€™re interested in buying you can email him for the password, just donā€™t share it or he will have to change it.

Was enough for me to realize this shit blows.

Just figured Iā€™d make it painfully clear cause other people still seem ignorant.

3 Likes