MJBizCon 2020, welcome to visit the “Digital Booth”!

cause its not strong enough or not enough people use it…i dont know. Ive never got a flu shot… Maybe thats part of the reason, and if well educated white males arent getting it… Im sure a ton others arent. could be part of the problem.

Influenza A is an RNA virus whose antigens are constantly changing due to antigenic shift and drift (Carrat and Flahault, 2007). Antigenic drift involves point mutations in the hemagglutinin and or neuraminidase genes, encoding envelope glycoproteins, thus reducing the binding affinity of antibodies raised against previous strains. This explains why individuals can be reinfected with influenza and why the content of the seasonal vaccine must be altered annually.

Same as Covid…

Which is why the best they are hoping for with the vaccine is 50% efficacy

We lack the ability to really control, let alone eradicate, these rapidly mutating RNA viruses

4 Likes

Neither the wife nor I will be getting that vaccine. That seems to be a common attitude in the hospital. It’s going to be funny, when the hospitals REQUIRE the workers to get vaccinated. I forsee major push back. Several years ago, the hospitals started requiring all employees to get annual flu shots. You cant work if you refuse, the flu shot. We shall see.
Theres only been a handfull of the Nursing staff at our hospital, that has gotten the China virus. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

A client I work with is doing full UV-C chip sanitizers. It’s been crazy to see how table games have reacted to stay operational.

Devil’s advocate, but couldn’t you view this map as population density opposed to political alignment?

2 Likes

Nor my kids.
Fuck all that noise…
And fuck a mask (while wearing nascar shirt)

3 Likes

All 3 are connected…

4 Likes

So you guys will be fired then?

1 Like

Can you imagine the news cycle, healthcare workers refuse vaccine no longer have a job. I’m not sure how hospitals plan on handling this, but I’m willing to bet my house it will be mandatory.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Kabuki Theater

5 Likes

Next “week”, our hospital is to start testing all employees with the rapid test. Every shift, all employees will be required to get a test at the beginning of the shift. I guess now baseball is done, they can start using those extra test for healthcare providers.

2 Likes

Came here to say this as well

1 Like

Yes, super dense population centers with high rates of mask compliance have high rates of covid spread and all voted blue

3 Likes

If the question is whether masks make transmission rates lower, you’d logically have to compare areas of similar density and disparate mask use. There’s no doubt that if you ride a subway you’re more likely to get sick than if you commute to the field by tractor. If you’re suggesting that moving to a rural environment is more effective than wearing a mask for preventing transmission, you’re not wrong but I’m not sure the relevance of that

4 Likes

Hey folks, just getting information from MJBizCon, they offer a 25% discount on the MJBizCon 2020 Digital Pro Attendee passes. Should anyone is interested in that pass, please DM us for the discount code.

2 Likes

ill take my advice from fauci who said masks dont work. If they do work then he should have a class action lawsuit for him saying they dont. Masks are great for vulnerable people, give them n95. The social distancing thing causes more problems. We shouldve kept the hospitals full and then we would be better off. The deadly spike chart and the bend the curve chart have the same number of deaths. Someone fucked up by not utilizing the healthcare available last sumer.

my dog got vaccinated 3x a normal 3 way, a repeat, and recently I got another rabies. Shes 8 and healthy.

the question is whether lower transmission rates are a good thing. It creates spike such as what the fake news is saying is happening. It was 20 percent positive before and now its around 12. In new york its 3 percent. N dakota has 600 deaths TOTAL blamed on covid this year and news is all up in arms about those darned non mask wearing republicans. If all the healthy people would just get sick then the comorbids could stay at home until a vaccine. Ive never heard of quarantining healthy people for no reason.