Mixing your own nutrients

I have 1 TV in the house that is really for guest as i dont watch TV. I do own and love Nike but as i said i am trying my best to get away from sending my mula to China(see pic). As far as the household things, if there is an American alternative thats what i choose.

7 Likes

Since trying HGV i havent looked back. The base you always use. The only thing you change is growth/flower. It really doesnā€™t get any easier.

11 Likes

Honestly it looks the same as any other liquid fertilizer Youā€™re paying for the water. It doesnā€™t have the benefit of powder because itā€™s already pre-mixed Youā€™re paying for less concentrated but more expensive to ship fertilizer.

4 Likes

They, or someone else has a concentrated version of this. Where itā€™s not just a watered down salt mix. Though these are easy to use, too

It could be a different brand, and Athena is coming to mind because itā€™s a popular name. @Curious_Roberto

Though, using a salt mix vs standard nutes would work better than having the excess junk thatā€™s not needed in standard nutes which end up making lines more dirty than need to be cleaned and replaced more.

2 Likes

Almost all bottled nutrients are just salts mixed with water thereā€™s no point in getting it mixed with water when you can just get the powder. Some add extra shit into them like kelp or cheap fulvic or humic acid. Typical part a like Jackā€™s or Peterā€™s with micros allow roughly 3 lb per gallon solubility. So when you think about it that maximum solubility plus 8 lb for a gallon of water now youā€™ve got a ship 3 lb of salt mix and 8 lb of water in a large bucket. But you can fit 3 lb of powder in a little container. Calcium nitrate or 15-0-0 has incredible solubility I want to say 100 grams per 100 ml so that might not be so bad as. That is 3785 grams dissolved into one gallon of water Solubility in water calcium nitrate anhydrous: 1212 g/L (20 Ā°C) 2710 g/L (40 Ā°C) tetrahydrate: 1050 g/L (0 Ā°C) 1290 g/L (20 Ā°C) 3630 g/L (100 Ā°C) that means 8.3 lb of calcium nitrate dissolves into one gallon or 8 lb of water.

4 Likes

I have a brewer. I make my own nutrients from scratch and I canā€™t stand anything synth or concentrated other than pooop

12 Likes

I actually have a problem with using fecal matter on my weed.

5 Likes

I mean like organic teas with guanos and similar compostable stuff like castings etc ā€¦

6 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised at the asshats that use personal urine and poop in their pots and sell the final result to customers .

100% nasty as fak.

7 Likes

Nothing like organic sulphur for pest control :man_shrugging:t3: :wink: nah Iā€™m just playing poo terps are foul play, thatā€™s like meth cooks that do that same shit for signature.

All organic home made nutes (besides the fulvic acid from @AgTonik) which is performing nicely already. The difference I see in vigor already is awesome compared to my last batch with same few strains

Edit: noticed a emoji was messed up

1 Like

Chili-P is my signature, yo!

Thanks @Cheebachiefextracts.

10 Likes

I just had a customer that wanted to save money, but didnā€™t want the human error of mixing their own nutrients. This is what I came up with for them:

(Prices with shipping, July 2020)

Jackā€™s Hydro Feed- 25 lb bag
$70- 2000 gallons
$0.035/gallon

AGT-50- 20L
$471- 20,000 gallons
$0.023/gallon

Advanced pH down- 4L
$82- 6600 gallons
$0.01/gallon

DES-X Insecticidal Soap- 2.5 g
$85- 300 gallons (@1%)
$0.28.3/gal.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been too chicken myself to test and run that hydro feed by itself veg through flower 3 2 1 has always performed beyond expectations but if thereā€™s a one part that can do it all it would really be nice

3 Likes

@square_root_pharms Hydrofeed kills it with soft water. You just have to make sure it stays dry, because it is hygroscopic.

If you have a bunch of high pH carbonates in your water, Jackā€™s Nutrients TAP is an excellent alternative.

1 Like

I was looking at rhis stuff gonna give it a try in the new room, anything its lacking in supplements etc.

I run the full line of Nectar for the Gods out of Eugene. Love it

2 Likes

Thereā€™s the base nutrient with HydroFeed. AGT-50 is fulvic, amino and organic acids for biostimulants. Insecticidal soap is your IPM. Itā€™s a complete line.

The missing ā€œsupplementsā€ from the hydro store are absolute theft. If you canā€™t grow without just a base fertilizer and need still need a crutch like kelp, it can be picked up from Custom Hydro Nutrients

Thats the answer i was looking for, ill give it a shot and try some of your stuff seems to have gotten a great response

1 Like

Re-reading my response sounds a little grouchy before coffee. Not my intent at all!

Iā€™ve worked with guys small to large. I wouldnā€™t shill this stuff if I didnā€™t believe it in my heart 100%. I want people to grow the best and most flower.

5 Likes

No offense taken but you know that usually there is a lil or lot of something missing from a nutrient line and you have to add something that was what i was wondering. If its as complete as that im down.