Mixing 2 Different Types of Terps Profiles Together?

Hey so I was just thinking about this earlier let me know if this is pretty stupid to do or not…

I saw this post made by @710Labs on Instagram yesterday and it was this jar of persy sauce named “Randy Watzon 13” and someone in the comments asked “What’s the lineage on Randy Watzon”

710Labs then replied saying “Wedding Crashers x Runtz”

SO. Hear me out, if I were to take botanical terpenes (the ones you can buy online or in terp stores etc.) and I were to get 1oz of Wedding Cake terps & 1oz of Runtz terps, homogenized them together into 1 jar and were to use that for a cart mix. Would I get a similar taste / feel of “Randy Watzon” or is this all a waste of time and it’ll taste like shit.

Just a thought I had in mind. Thought it could be pretty interesting. Never seen anyone ask this before so why not. :man_shrugging: Doesn’t hurt to ask.

^ Disclaimer, I know I just mentioned a user named “710Labs” on this forum, but just to be clear. I don’t mean that guy. I mean the actual 710Labs that we all enjoy dabbing.

If you start with botanical terps for Wedding Cake and Runtz you’ll probably end up with a profile just as similar to Randy Watzon as the Wedding Cake and Runtz were to their actual cannabis strains.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeRM61slvi9u2B63y8oMqQ4gv1yxL_GOkHHM2s0/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Instagram Post for Referance ^

Interesting, so the flavor profiles WOULD be similar then. I personally never mixed 2 different terpene strains together when im doing carts, BUT I would like to start incorporating this idea into my business… could probably come up with some pretty cool strains that already exist.

Short answer is no

11 Likes

Search “pipette jockey”

4 Likes

The botanical terps usually hit only a few notes (like 5 terps out of 30). You will get something akin to the difference between strawberry candy and strawberries, it will be familiar (possibly) but not the same.

1 Like

pippete

Searched up “Pipette Jockey” clicked on the first link. Saw this. Is this what you are referring to?

1 Like

I see makes sense, in your opinion. Do you think it will taste good? Or is it just doing too much and I should just leave the terp strains how they are intended to be used and not mix em together.

Eitherway, im going to experiment but I would love to hear a 2nd opinion on this.

If the product is a good product, go with it. Who gives a fuck how it comes about? Have two strains that are good sellers? Mix that shit and see if it sells.

3 Likes

On my way to mix my 2 top strains! :running_man:

My wooks fucked up and mixed unrefined terpenes for Blackjack and Sirius Black… so now I am making Sirius Blackjack.

6 Likes

How do you think those botanical terpene profiles are created in the first place?

Test actuall weed. Try and duplicate terpene profile from isolated terpenes.

Almost every single one will miss. Because there is more to strain profile than terpenes.

Without looking at the terpene profile of the INDIVIDUAL selected from a cross, there is very little chance that you will nail it by simply COMBINING the parental profiles.

Offspring get SOME of mom and SOME of dad. Not a summation

10 Likes

Sounds to me like you need to get new WOOKS… or more wooks lol. Have you ever had 5+ wooks in a 15x15. Stuff can get pretty confusing at times and even the best wooks will mess up :frowning:

1 Like

I have mixed 7 strains into 1 for one of my cart strains and IMO it’s my favorite. I plan on adding more to it, all HDT no botanical.

1 Like

I see what you are saying.

Basically what ill be creating is a mixed kid that can’t live up to older brother’s standards.

1 Like

It’s a happy accident when you make new dank.

1 Like

There’s too many terpenes in 1 strain to accurately recreate with a synthetic or even natural counterpart.

Best bet is sauce from the cut’s mixed with HDT or CDT

holy. 7 strains in 1. How’d that turn out for ya?

1 Like

He made a belt and married a princess Iirc…

3 Likes