Missouri Doubles Down on outlawing Hemp Products

Hello all.

Probably you are all keeping up with the legislation around the country - but just in case you are not. I wanted to share with you a new bill introduced in Missouri that is designed to limit any hemp derived cannabinoids except CBD that are outside of the licensed market there.

You can check out more information about it here.

This approach is similar to what has already been done in Michigan - including the exclusion for non-intoxicating CBD products.

So if you are doing work in Missouri, or want to do so, and you are doing it in their hemp program and outside of the licensed cannabis marketplace. You might consider talking to your legislators. The governor is not interested in making sure you can make and market these products - so keeping it from passing out of the legislature would be important.

I think there are some really well written parts to the Bill and since there is a licensed market in Missouri - I don’t think limiting hemp products would reduce access, it would just age gate that access through licensed dispensaries.

Just thought some of you might like to know.

2 Likes

A conversation today with a licensed operator said the bill has little chance in the senate with the current state of things, politics ect ect

2 Likes