Minor cannabinoids. Price war or longevity.

If a pricing structure is establish within the majority of this industry it will prolong the value of this minor cannabinoids. This is not a realistic option for CBD isolate because everyone and their mom can make it but minor cannabinoid isolate requires much more equipment and knowledge which means considerable less people can make it. If the majority of the market sets and stays at a price point we can create a better market for everyone involved. This can survive even if some people decide to dump the minors cheap because they cannot serve the whole market. Maybe just a crazy idea but it may be viable with a large enough committee. Thoughts?

6 Likes

I 100% support this. Let’s do it brutha!

As I guy producing a kilo or more a day of THCa isolate, I’d love to create a standardized price to stay profitable and prevent an overly competitive market

3 Likes

This is only a better market for producers. If you’re a consumer price-fixing hurts you. I would hate to be someone who needs CBN and the price is fixed at 30k kilos and then 3x that at retail. If you think this is a good idea i don’t want to hear talk about medicine or helping people.

21 Likes

what is this, wall street? lol

4 Likes

Im a capitalist. I think price fixing is for the weak. The whole carbon chemistry game was predicated on price collusion which resulted in a market price above MSRP.

This is not how free markets work!

18 Likes

@RockSteady Lol Uh ya

2 Likes

@Killa12345 Not price fixing, but collective bargaining power. Affilaitions, mergers and acquisitions (the capitalist model) all result in more leverage.

1 Like

Yeah but thats not what the original poster is talking about. He is talking about price fixing amongst the people with flash chromatography setups for minor cannabinoids.

This has nothing to do with buying power…it has everything to do with keeping an inflated price to the consumer. This is the EXACT opposite reason i got into this game. My ultimate goal is uber cheap medicine for all.

Im not for price fixing on minor cannabinoids…thats for sure and once i get my hands on a flash chromotography setup…these will be readily available

13 Likes

@Killa12345 Hats off to you sir. I got too philosophical with it. As I tend to

2 Likes

CBD ISOLATE is going for 3k per kg but there are up charging the customer to 100k per kg when bought in tinctures. CBN should be much more valuable and go for 30k maybe even 50k then retailers will have to operate on normal industry margins where the double there money not multiple by 30x.

2 Likes

Price fixing is a little but excessive. I’m saying we should set a fair market price and stick to it not under cut each other until everyone without 100M loses. Im trying to helping margins last to support smaller business so that more than just big pharma can succeed

2 Likes

Fair market price is what the market sets not its sellers.

The smaller operations are gonna have to specailze some how to survive. CBD…I dont think any of it will be over $500 a kg in 2025.

I dont know how people are forcasting it but its not a good look

4 Likes

@THCremediation which is my goal also. But how do we prevent the distributor from price gouging? That’s the real fucking question. We are one of the only countries at this level that does not negotiate with pharma. So it’s a double edged sword that is at the core of the debate that divides us.

The only reason retailer price gouge us because the customer will pay $100 for 1000mg. The wont be able to do that for CBN because if they tried to sell for 30x then 1000mg CBN for be $900. The retailers know they can’t sell for that but everyone wants it. They will have to use normal industry margins of 2-3x so CBN for 30k would make 1000mg in retailers for $90. That is fair price. Price war leads for only one thing. A race to raise 100M+ and big pharma winning. And what do you think will happen to prices once big pharma pushes all its competitors out of business. Prices go up

4 Likes

im not racing to 100m. If i get to 5m, im done! i dont need much more than i have now to live. I dont get everyones ambition to get to jeff bezos money. If you make smart investments, then sink 5m into t-bills. you can live off the interest and use the bills as collateral on anything. Ill keep putting my little pennies into 15-20k condos for old people. Charging 700-800 a month rent and building assets. this year i considered dumping all my condos for a baller house. @bg305 convinced me i can make more money and to keep them investments…

And i think there will be plenty of small farms and labs keeping big pharma prices in check.

10 Likes

I think if the price is adjusted so both parties (the consumer and the producer) can benefit then I see no harm in it. If the price is low enough the consumer endlessly consumes and the producer is incentivized to endlessly produces then it’s a win/win in my book.

But that’s Goldilocks theory lol

3 Likes

I could see cbd @ $500 a kilo in 2025. Especially with Coca Cola jumping on the bandwagon

2 Likes

Exactly. Give it 4 years for California and everyone’s out of business who is operating legally today. Whether it be from buy outs or being priced out of the market into bankruptcy.

3 Likes

I just have seen so many small businesses destroyed by large companies cutting prices. If this price war you see for CBD isolate was directly translated to the consumer i.e. 3-4k isolate making 1000mg tincture $10-$15 then I would understand the overall good of the people benefiting but this process war has not translated into the hands of the consumer but rather made it relatively impossible to complete as a small business or start up with out signifact funds.

2 Likes

Yup! There’s a reason why cat-3 distillate is going to be under $5.00 after taxes by January, but the consumer will still be paying $30 a half gram for a cart of hotdog water.

3 Likes