Minor cannabinoids. Price war or longevity.

I think isolate with hit 500 or less in less than 2 years. I think it will bottom out around $100 per kg. Especially once Coca-Cola and bug pharma get in. These companies are willing to lose hundreds of millions to billions of dollars to push everyone else out. Amazon has been doing this for years now and it’s why they control over 50% of ecommerce

2 Likes

That’s right my bro. :muscle::muscle::muscle:
The idea of accumulation of wealth is for the most part thinking of future generations. For me I want my daughter to have everything she needs and not have to see what I saw to get it. My daughter will never in her life have a boss to answer to or say I can’t afford that vacation/house or whatever she wants. After you reach a certain point that your kids are set for life you look further down the road to your grand children and getting them set up just like your kids. As all of us know we take nothing but the memories with us when we go so it’s all about what we leave behind. Will your great great great Grand children tell stories about what you built and left behind? It’s all about how you invest your returns as money is a tool. I choose to make mine work for me 24/7 and reap the benefits on a daily.

I’m all for price structuring as long as I can make what I want to make. Once we get to the point where your profit is being dictated by the next dude who thinks you shouldn’t make so much then that is the end of a free market. The majority of these people don’t understand the amount of Time and Money that it takes to bring product to market.

8 Likes

But all it takes is some new unknown character to make a break through and crash the market with some tech that is faster and cheaper to produce then everybody else doing it today.

They come into the market undercutting everyone, creating bad blood at every turn. I think there’s a civil way to go about it and cut throat capitalism isn’t always necessary. I believe in peaceful compromise, rather then Sam waltoning the industry. Maybe I’m wrong and should drop the price of pure THCa to the price of distillate?

1 Like

Lol with that kind of talk it sounds like you’re against people making breakthroughs and improvements. What’s this forum for, then?

3 Likes

I will take all the THCa that you produce @$6 a g. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

It’s simple supply & demand in macroeconomics. It’s pretty easy to see where hemp biomass and bulk CBD products will become commodities very quickly. Big pharma doesn’t care about extracting from a plant though, they synthesize their products and then put a patent on them that gives them exclusivity for 20 years. We won’t have that option with any isolated cannabinoids though, they too will become commodities eventually as well. What we can control collectively though is upholding standards within our industry, separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. Those who choose to operate on the fringes and fail to adhere to industry standards for quality and consistency will eventually drop out of the race.

2 Likes

Idk ask all the people defending fair market capitalism. I’m just trying to not waste 5 years of research and investment.

1 Like

I’ll be down to that price point sooner then later. If I can get cheap enough biomass, $6 could be profitable for my company :wink:

2 Likes

Are you suggesting they will patent cannabinoid isolates? This is not possible. You cannot patent naturally occurring chemical compounds. You can patent formulations but tweak them just a little bit and the patent is irrelevant. All I am suggesting is a community agreed upon price that is fair to consumers and processors. In a process war the only people who win are those with all the money, this is terrible for all the people who put so much time and energy into developing this industry and any small to medium extraction business. If we can’t come together and agree to this then let the war begin. TIME TO RAISE SOME SERIOUS CASH or come together as a collective.

1 Like

No agreed, they can’t do that. They do exactly as you suggest, make slight alterations and then patent that compound. They won’t care about isolates at all other than researching them to make their own variants. I’m all for developing a community not unlike the wine industry or other similar products. When you look at the wine industry they have college degrees now that specialize in aspects of that industry and they have trade organizations as well. We need to mature this industry in a similar fashion. The wine industry welcomes big and small producers alike, you just need to adhere to the standards set forth by the industry. It’s in their collective interest to maintain high standards.

2 Likes

First step is having these conversations. This website is utilized by such a large amount of this industry this is the place to create and organize these trade committees consisting of companies that produce high level products and discuss fair market values of the oils, isolates, and other product to ensure this industry doesn’t become exclusive to only the rich and powerful because that is not who built all of this.

5 Likes

EXACTLY!
We need to be synthesizing every cannabinoid we can and slapping patents on them. It guarantees that you will absorbed by big pharma when the time comes.

5 Likes

Won’t it processes, formulations, or defined uses over the compounds themselves being patented?, it seems many of the semi-synthetic cannabinoid analogues have been reported already.

1 Like

Publications based on small scale won’t fly in industry. You’ve seen me struggle with the reported CBN experiment. I’ve since moved on and found a method which was better and can be optimized. Whoever patents these large scale processes are more likely to be absorbed by big pharmaceutical companies. Patents expire and can be slightly modified.

3 Likes

Sooo…

Did we establish prices or report pricing we have seen on minor/ rare cannabinoids?

CBG: $20K/ L
CBN:
CBC:
CBL:
CBE:
D10:
6a10a:

I’d like to see what we can come up with

2 Likes

“A better market for everyone involved”

Except the consumer.

3 Likes

I’m thinking 10k a liter for these, especially 6a10a

1 Like

Make as much money as you can, then sell out. Reinvest some, but have an exit strategy. If you can sell a CBN kilo for 30k. Do it.

This is a bubble, just like tech, just like anything else.

Unless your state or federal government has plans for protecting small to medium scale craft producers. This is gonna turn into a whole bunch of small to medium sized guys (read: all of us) going real broke real quick.

Uruguay can produce isolate for $300/kilo. And that’ll just go downwards.

Get as much info as you can, make yourself an amazing candidate for a buyout (have strong skus, some IP, and a distribution network), and get out while you can.

Look at any other “hot” industry. It’s gonna burst hard and fast once economies of scale get introduced. There’s no reason long term for a gram of distillate/isolate of any kind to cost more than $1.

Make hay while the sun shines. GTFO. Then hang out with a million in the bank while you tinker in your badass basement lab. Maybe get into craft cocaine production or something.

6 Likes

Kava…

4 Likes

LMFAO

When are people going to read up on their history. Its in your face how you survive this. The only thing new here is cannabinoids and honestly…they are not valuable anymore.

4 Likes