Minisplit .02 needed

im gonna rent a par meter. I dunno if its my eyes but the hps looks weak compared to the leds. I think the led coulld use some co2. the lights arent great from distance but they are strong.

1 Like

gavita led lights are drawing the same power at the wall as 6 CMH meaning that you are at minimum putting out 50% more heat than the 4 CMH, add to that the fact that your CMH hoods are vented enabling you to pull 50% of the heat the lamps generate directly out of the grow room while keeping the rooms sealed. I doubt that reducing down to 2 gravitas will correct the temperature for this very same reason, the heat generated by the drivers can’t be isolated and exhausted separately from the grow room air. I run 2 Cali light works LED’s one 880 pulling 650watts and one 1100 dialed back to 85% pulling about the same in a 4x8x5’9” grow tent and temps don’t go above 85 from the lights, but the RH will shoot up to the high 80’s and the dehumidifier will rocket temps in the tent over 100 in less than 30 minutes.

1 Like

my air cooled hoods are basically ambient temp, I think they remove more than 50 percent of heat.

1 Like

I keep running the numbers thru my head (one main issue with bipolar), I will be removing the 2 leds and putting the cmh back in tomorrow am.

Panels are now listed on C/L.

Or anyone here 1000 each. Pickup preferred!

1 Like

im opposite- have a 630 cmh sitting while Im using quantums. The whole less heat thing is bs. Ive always used air cooled and these leds put out tons of heat. ac 1000 wattk is ambient or 10 degrees above- led is like 130+

1 Like

I was looking forward to you giving these an actual review…

4 Likes

If you have 10’ ceilings, an 18k+ (24k would be ideal) minisplit, and a big enough sealed room (10x15-20’), they should work perfect. For my setup, they dont.

I will be putting up signs in all my rooms. They will read “STOP CHANGING SHIT DUMBASS!!!”.

2 Likes

I think for your room setup the AC hoods and cmh might make more sense. In a sealed room with proper heat pumps the led per watt I think yield better but at the risk of not having air cooled hoods to remove a lot of heat.

2 Likes

What’s your leaf temp at? That’s typically more important than ambient, LED’s have to have a higher ambient temp if your supplementing with CO2 because they don’t emit IR in any appreciable amount unlike HID lighting where IR radiation is a significant portion of the spectrum released by the lamp and directly contributes to a rise in leaf temperature weather the hood is cooled.

I have a sealed room… it’s a tweaked sealed room. Built 8x13’ flower room with intake/exhaust, in a 15x15 room that’s 95% sealed from the other areas. I may waste 20# co2 out of 140# co2 used per run with this setup.

It’s hard to describe. But it worked, and has worked for nearly 10yrs in 2 locations.

1 Like

I might grab one of your gravitas, I’d like to replace my 880 and run it side by side with the 1100 just to compare results between the two. My 880 is 8 years old and probably ready to be demoted to a veg light.

2 Likes

Screw it, it’s only money right?

Just ordered this last night. Thanks for the rec
@WhereAreTheStones and @StoneD
Pioneer® 18,000 BTU 21 SEER Ductless Mini-Split AC Heat Pump

4 Likes

im saying led runs hot. So it is hotter than a hps tent but much less controllable than a ac hood.

If you need some help with wiring im available to help. Ive wired more than several houses and buildings/barns/etc.

Around us with all the old construction theres always jerryrigging thats been done before you got there. Ive seen some absolutely unbelievable shit (one time somebody came out of their roof with an orange extension cord, ran it down the street thru the alley to my building and tapped the orange cord into my meter can BEFORE THE METER)

Povertys a MFer lol

3 Likes

Any outside condenser can be modified to run in lower temps. They sell kits for this with crankcase heater etc. The seer rating of your system and how hard its being run will determine how well it works in the cold months (<30°f)

Older units with lower seer ratings were weaker in colder temps. Newer units with 20+ seer are different they can be as efficient or maybe moreso in colder temps

1 Like

This particular unit is good to -15f. Plenty good enough for Michigan winters.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? 1 watt = 3.41 btu’s.

600 watts of hps or led have the same exact heat load

5 Likes

I recently installed their 18k non inverter unit, the diamante or whatever. install was a breeze. Unit works well. No HVAC tech needed if you have a vacuum pump and gauge.

I recently turned off my hood ventilation in the sealed room with 4kwatts of lighting to see what the mini split thought of that heat load…no problem here.

5 Likes

I actually plumbed the indoor unit drain hose to a bucket in the room, then using an inkbird humidity controller, I put an ultra sonic fog maker in the bucket…like so.

Humility system that feeds itself

6 Likes

I was going to have it drain in a 5gal bucket as well, or in my 45gal water container.

I’m hoping to utilize (below) for day and night temp schedules. I dont think allowing my master greenhouse controller to turn on/off the minispli would be ideal. It would act like a power failure/resume if I do it the master greenhouse controller setup.

3 Likes