Minisplit .02 needed

I’d do what you can to keep the snow off of it,
Otherwise an enclosure could be an issue.

If possible, I’d mount the outside unit on a southern exposure so the sunshine can be your friend when dealing with those cold winters. 10°f in the shade may present some issues.

Daiken is a great choice

3 Likes

The low ambient kit turns the out door fan off so it can build heat and keep the operating pressures correct. These units are designed for this.
Daiken is a good option also.

5 Likes

https://www.samsunghvac.com/cac-odu/Low-Ambient-Cooling-Outdoor-Unit-Single

2 Likes

Is -40 good

4 Likes

Well I’ve been crunching the numbers in my head. It would be 4 to 6 flower runs to get my $ back. I’m ditching the 3x 1700e and going back to my old tried n true setup. I can add 2 more air cooled big kahuna 315 hood setups and still run cooler than current setup.

I’m hoping I can get my helper back in tomorrow am to toss up the old 4 hoods.

How much heat are those leds putting off?compared to a de

Well 4x 315cmh air cooled is A LOT less heat than 3x 1700e fixtures. By at least 50%.

I was in there lollipoping and it was a TON of heat.

I’ve never ran a de, but I’m sure less heat. Shit, my prior 3x 600hps air cooled ran a lot cooler thann3x 1700e’s.

So anyone local to 586/810/313 want a 1700e for 1k, each (save 300 per light) come on down. I have 3 available.

1 Like

Oh please tell me why you’re ditching the gavita led’s. I’m dying to hear this

8 Likes

:hamburger::fries:

4 Likes

The pioneer mini splits that Home Depot sells are actually pretty efficient and they’re good down to -13. You want a low ambient mini split that uses an inverter/variable speed control.

3 Likes

They put off A LOT of heat vs 4x315 ac. It’s more $ per watt/gram to run the gavita setup vs the cmh setup. The reconfiguration of the room cost doesnt justify the expense.

BUT, let’s try it this way. I took out 1 gavita. Moved them around for even coverage. Let’s see how the heat is.

1 Like

I own one of these, it’s a quality unit. Especially at that price

3 Likes

Just got perfect air 3 ton. It’s 30 amp 220. My guy said same thing to put 100 amp breaker in sub panel and have one light circuit and one for mini split. I’m in the Lake Tahoe area and was worried about the cold too. Should be running next week I will see how it goes as it is always in the low teens for temperatures around her this time of year.

1 Like

Lake tahoe area, are you near kirkwood resort?
One of my all time favorite places to board. Lake tahoe resort was more “family” oriented, and was boring.

2 Likes

Lived up on donner pass for 3 year! Love that area!

2 Likes

Because he doesn’t have a par meter

Which one is it. Your going to double to triple your out put.

1 Like

If I can pull 3.5# from 1265w air cooled. But can pull 5# from 1280w led, my ac runs quite a bit more this way, and I would still need to upgrade as, and panel/wiring vs going back to the 1265w setup and not having to worry about anything. Logical route would be going back to what has worked for years.

I’m giving the 2 led a go for the time being. I still think my old setup was more peofitable.

2 Likes

You won’t know for sure unless you ride it out. With your skills I have no doubt you will crush it.

1 Like