Minimum forum civility standards

I’ve ran a tighter ship as well, but with $

We took over a trade of a niche market on the forum I ran.

Kinda like this place did with d8, but instead we made a forum coin that was purchased and used as trade.

Affording legitimate moderators was easily achieved.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

1,000,000 percent. I really love this forum, not for @Future @Graywolf or @sidco , but for the members. I originally thought you were all super cool until I learned your history.

When I came to this site, if was very friendly, but almost everything was a scam. Almost all the information shared were techniques borrowed from individuals unaware of the site. We the member fleshed this place out and built the culture.

The science never left. The science is still here for people to find. One thing that slowed down were people coming in and asking the same question every day.

One thing there was a lot of was people recommending the wrong equipment for people. Many of these labs currently failing were people who over purchased chinese equipment with no American support or service. Or really expensive under designed american components.

Ive met MANY of the members here without using crutches like the glg or trade shows. Ive done business with the majority of this forum. Many of the members can see my kids grow and how I really feel about this stuff.

Im just saying, the solution isn’t more kumbayah. There was plenty of that in the early days, and that is when all the bad actors prospered. The solution is slowly allowing this site to become what it was purported to be from the start

11 Likes

Comedy is subjective imo

Shitposting even more so

2 Likes

If you have a different opinion FUCK YOU I HOPE YOU GET RAILED BY A TRAIN

Jk, this is the issue though. People can’t live with other opinions

Which is fine, we all have opinions but my point is you get gaslit for them and called a Nazi in this day age or a racist

2 Likes

Where did the thread about gamesmanship go? The deleted one?

Imo that thread being deleted is gamesmanship…

9 Likes

My motives are exactly what I’ve stated, to agree on minimum posting standards, which is what started this food fight in a teapot in the first place.

It started over whether to reinstate Elliot without any agreement he would better control himself. I listed the questions I though were pertinent to any such decision, and tried to keep with comments about those questions.

The chant was free SPDking or ban rowan, who was ostensibly guilty of the same transgressions. I tried to directly focus attention to the core root of the problem in threads away from the food fight and power play.

As it happens, directly approaching issues is how I learned to resolve problems in the leading Future 500 company in their field and how we got to be number one. I was attempting to bring the two sides of the discussion together, vis a vis further stir them up.

No issues, I’ve expressed my thoughts and what ya’ll and @sidco decide to do with them is not my business.

The chant is not free spdking or ban Rowan. The chant was fair treatment for all. We don’t want bans. The raw nature of this place is what defines us. There’s no need to make all forums the same.

11 Likes

@Graywolf I am guessing you know what happened to the thread you started that just disappeared into thin air?
What happened to it?

2 Likes

Wow! I don’t know if I’m happy or sad that I have no idea what is going on around here these days…

But yes, I think the consensus is that other people have problems with other people’s opinions. Like we all can have varying opinions, and often do. But just because 1 person has been running something 1 way for a long time with a proven record doesn’t mean that a new approach won’t yield better results.

Not unlike yesterday, when I revealed that I don’t actually use the sites on a handgun. So fucking what? How I feel about handguns is how I feel. No person (especially on this site) is going up get me to change my opinions on the subject. My opinions were formed in field using the weapons for their intended purpose. My opinions weren’t formed with a group guys ogling my fucking target at some public range. Because of that experience my opinions were formed on the actual use of the weapon, not hypothetical.

1 Like

I guess the bottom line is that maybe we should try to be a little more open to other’s opinions. It doesn’t hurt to try to be acceptable to others opinions. Myself included

3 Likes

I can see where from your perspective the title better reflected your beliefs and the title was changed twice, not once.

I piss any number of people off and they at least seriously irritate me as well. That’s what happens when someone says something you don’t want to hear.

I’ve actually been on this forum daily since my lawsuit was resolved, a fact easy to verify. The difference is that I don’t post just to be seen and heard, only if I have something I think will add to the forum.

I can certainly see where from your perspective what I’ve said is negative.

5 Likes

When are @future and @sidco actually going to respond?..

They are the ones we need to talk to, not you.

5 Likes

Graywolf if you already have a forum, why do you insist on running this one like yours? Why can’t we have our place ran how the community chooses to?

10 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

So, I don’t think anyone remembers but the forum now offers private groups to people who wish to have better control over their specific discord.

I have a private group for Web IT specific discussions I and future both run.

If you are having issues staying focused, I recommend putting an application in.

3 Likes

If there’s one thing sidco has been, it’s been attentive to forum requests!

6 Likes

They offered it and I was the first to give it a whirl. It’s not terrible. If you want an invite for website help / topics dm

3 Likes

Why was not the title of the thread and the exchange about holding everyone to the same standards, as opposed to free SPDking, so that we could agree on what those standards are,?

Two different approaches to the same issue but one more directly and less likely to drag personalities into the fray and the time proven formula for conflict resolution, as opposed to win/lose battles.

In the exchange I saw exchanges that would be water off a ducks back with me and is what happens on most forums, but there has to be a limit or there is mob chaos. Ellio

I’m just saying - right now probably isn’t the time to get anything done with him.