Minimum forum civility standards

i talked to the person who changed the title first and advised to change it back because this thread was not in the echo chamber which the person changed it to the original…

Title changes are allowed here. They arent supposed to be use in the way they changed it UNLESS its already in the echo chamber which at that time it become forum satire.

just giving you a little history here… Title changes are sorta a joke here… usually only inside the echo chamber though… someone got a bit overzealous by changing outside the echo chamber

7 Likes

Thanks, but there is no room for gamesmanship in an open honest discussion. Our actions reveal our motives.

3 Likes

Title changes = intended fun/playful usually…

5 Likes

i dont really read into it like that… maybe im too dumb or i dont care.

i dont live life like its a game of chess…

6 Likes

When do we get answers about the poll? Or the flags?

5 Likes

what poll? that thing dont count… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Which one do you not agree with? That there is no room for gamesmanship in an honest discussion, or that our actions reveal our motives?

2 Likes

What if the motive is no motive

3 Likes

both… it was a joke not to be taken so seriously. not every action needs a motive. but i have other things to do today than argue on the internet about petty forum stuff. Kid got home yesterday… about to go rip on the jetskis…

got a lot of orders to pack… wish you all a productive and blessed day!

4 Likes

I suggest that actions as involved as the ones we are discussing were not without motive and the subject is forum civility, not joke of the month.

2 Likes

well if you knew them member that changed it like i do… not only on the internet but in real life… You might have different thoughts… ill just disagree and let you all hash it out.

4 Likes

It’s kinda the joke of this month.

6 Likes

I can change the title right now if I wanted, if that’s what’s your talking about in particular, it’s not a very big deal to do. Anyone with a level 3 status can do it, I think it goes to show generally how little it does happen how civil things generally are here.

If this was a complete shit show, every title would change all the time.

5 Likes

Things I change titles of:

EC threads for humor (where this is heading)
Sales threads that need labeled Closed
Incorrect spellings

We can also move threads to correct sections or to the Echo Chamber if deemed garbage. (Can be changed back and split up by lvl 4s)

3 Likes

Clearly to some and revealing, no?

No, if you’ve visited as frequently, you’d know this is a part of all forum communities and websites with social interactions.

6 Likes

I’ve visited a number of cannabis websites daily since 2007, moderated them, and operated them and have a good feel for minimum forum standards, the difference here is that on other forums they just ban repeat disruptive violators without further discussion.

They of course keep popping up with a new avatar, but regardless of where you go, ther you are and they soon get banned too. Since it is their actions that are the issue, changes of avatars doesn’t help.

I’ve made my point and rest my case. No need to preach to the choir or to a stone wall.

6 Likes

I will say this about the person who changed the title and his motive towards this site.

When i met this person from communication from this forum he lived miles away. He was wasting his talent cooking fries at a local restaurant. I convinced him to take what little saving he had and start a business on this very forum helping people make vape cartridges.

over the 3 years since his business on this site has fulrished. He has a very strong reputation in the industry and since has become a father. Hes really grown up on this forum from young man to family man. most of his success is tied to this forum directly. So for him to sabitage this site would not be in his best interests. Im just wondering what you think his motives are? and what are yours?

7 Likes

You’re acting like im voldemort because I changed the title? I ended up changing it back.

The title perfectly reflected your sentiment, had better grammar than your original title, and was hilarious.

@graywolf, im not gonna lie, you really pissed me off when you came in here (somewhere you are seldom seen) and started interjecting on a topic you haven’t really been involved with. That and you forgetting like 4 years of your own forum/blog posting behavior trying to tell us how to act got me heated.

I explained our forum culture and history and you ignored it. I explained our reasons for being angry and you ignored it. I explained our demands and you literally said “so what?”

Do you understand that you are having a negative effect on this discussion?

6 Likes

Mr.Wolf what’s your motives? Looks like you’re trying to put members in a negative light looking at it from here

4 Likes