Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run iLLnyeTheShatterGuy and others D8 SOP in real time?

Using a cannula like that is definitely faster but you can also just backfill, equilibrate, vacuum down, refill and repeat a few times. Obviously don’t vacuum so deep you start boiling between gas swaps.

6 Likes

:toilet:

seriously though, i don’t think you need to do it with a septum and needle, the little oxygen that remains dissolved in the solvent is negligible. flush the headspace and be done with it

4 Likes

That’s how I was doing it.

Wasn’t sure if bubbling in the solution was more efficient and would yield better results

1 Like

So I’ll just “keep on keepin on” :wink:

2 Likes

I was just always worried about pressure build up once the temps closed.

Just being cautious is all.

I’ll vac it down, back fill with argon, seal it up, and run then.

are you sealing the vessel during the reaction? i mean really seal…i don’t think that’s necessary, if you’re really worried you could use a mineral oil bubbler to prevent pressure buildup

4 Likes

No.

Using a pet cock that leads into a gas trap to monitor flow.

1 Like

horny :chicken: wants to know your location

the poor animal…are you stretching its butthole over the joint of the flask? use a pet hen, i think they stretch way better due to the laying eggs and all

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I used to just set a stopper on top of my Liebig condenser (loosely with no grease) and wait for it to hover

Been to the foothills of West Virginia and can confirm :rofl:

2 Likes

https://future4200.com/t/thank-me-later-8thc-via-ptsa/128406/105?u=cheebachiefextracts

I left some preparation steps in the thread I posted for the reaction, haven’t popped into the thread in a minute but I’m always willing to help someone on this if they’d like some further instruction on it. :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Much appreciated! :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

I just put a rubber hose on my Ar regulator and shoved it down into the reactor and let er chooch for a minute. I was not very scientific with it, but it seemed to help the rxn stay much cleaner.

4 Likes

I am very interested in the results of that experiment. I am interested to see how the time constraint changes the D9 content. With a time delta of an hour (different parameters all the way around) there was a 0.4% reduction in D9. It could just be coincidence, but I am curious if longer runs do indeed yield lower D9

Also, if you prefer to buy local, check out your local welding gas suppliers. Cost me 100$ for the 40lb bottle, 20$ for the gas, and 60$ for a regulator. I was trying to find a nice clean solution for sparging, but a hose barb, clamp, and some rubber hose is cheap and works well. I can take pictures if it helps anyone.

2 Likes

Think that’s what I’m going to do

@Roguelab is dying for someone to run Epsom salt in a reaction to see if it’ll reduce the D9 content

2 Likes

This one is next on my menu. Adding it this week and will report back

1 Like

Think I’ll run it once my toluene comes in as well

1 Like

Yeah man. Time to throw down on experiments this week. @HeisenbergInd is on the mend and ready to break necks. Lets fucking do this brothers.
Who’s with us?
@MedicineManHempCo
@anon32743824
@Cheebachiefextracts
@The_Lone_Stiller
@Roguelab
??? where yall at this coming week?

6 Likes

I’m down! Toluene should be here Wednesday!

2 Likes