Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run iLLnyeTheShatterGuy and others D8 SOP in real time?

Well done, @anon32743824!

I’m curious to see the results.

3 Likes

The color when you use pTSA.

Poly keeps it a nice yellow.

5 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Poly can get water clear with a anhydrous solvent B80 puck before distillation

7 Likes

Wife is running that today. I’m taking a break. Screwed my knee up yesterday so she’s taking over for the end result. I’ll ask her to post pics and vids.

@Mrs_Heisenberg is the “filter queen”!

11 Likes

Sorry we’ve been fairly busy here with our own production and generating reports from samples after hours. We do not use heptane internally in our synthesis work. We ordered some and I’ll let you know when it comes in and we will post the semisynthesis results.

4 Likes

Thank you sir !!!

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes me to. I notice a lot less heads this run. Maybe 250mls out of 7kgs. There’s is still a kg plus in the roto that I didn’t want to overload the boing flask with

Got 6 liters back…

12 Likes

Water wash number 1…

11 Likes

If it doesn’t resolve into two phases, you could try adding a small squirt of methanol. Old O-chem trick that works maybe 75% of the time. But if it resolves on its own that is preferable of course.

2 Likes

On phosforic acid it s easiest to add only the same amount of brine as there is acid on the first was don t stir to fast yust a bit to let the brine catch the acid and drop it out
Then after this first wash you use your mass of water it avoids emulsions

4 Likes

I was pondering, would glass beads in the mix increase the reaction surface area?

2 Likes

Heat as well… @Mrs_Heisenberg took it to 35c and brine washes it and got this…

9 Likes

That’s what I had her do and it worked perfectly!

5 Likes

I think it would.

5 Likes

What solvent ?

2 Likes

Heptane and poly

Edit: Ethanol 200 proof. Then L2L with heptane and water.

3 Likes

Oh nice! For d8 only?

3 Likes

I’m thinking bout buying a bigger reactor so I can play too guys.

5 Likes

Me three!

5 Likes