Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run iLLnyeTheShatterGuy and others D8 SOP in real time?

Sorry couldn’t resist

3 Likes

One of my fav scenes.

“Dude, you’re like historically retarded”

4 Likes

Can anybody else see the :snake:?

12 Likes

She did good… I’m proud of her. I helped a smidge, but she did all this mostly on her own.

Congrats @Mrs_Heisenberg!

Now, you get to clean :joy::joy::joy::joy:

19 Likes

Thank you @HeisenbergInd for your assistance today! It’s been a long hard day but the final product look pretty good. I am happy with my first run.

10 Likes

Well done guys that looks beautiful

3 Likes

Yeeahhh! Nice run Skyler.

4 Likes

gunna load up and run a room temp reaction in hexane and 1% PTSA

gunna get started shortly

8 Likes

Dry or wet ?
Innert blanket ?
Mgso4 ?

5 Likes

Mono hydrate

No inert this time

No mgso either

Want to see how color is just room temp in hexane

5 Likes

This got me thinking, is there any similar literature on the effectiveness of molsieves on drying hexane and heptane? I recall, I think by you @Roguelab, a posting that suggested ethanol, after 24 hours or so, would begin to absorb water so it was only moderately effective for storage; or something like that.

I wonder if filtering heptane or hexane, through the magnesium sulfate would be sufficient for drying prior to its use in the reaction, considering its low propensity for water, if I recall correctly.

Yes @densone posted a interesting paper on drying solvents in the datadump and there is more refrance on. The web
Ethanol is a difficult solvent to dry by molsieves it s effective to gel it to 99.7% but molsieves don t take out the last 0.3%
There is a paper wich states that storing ethanol over sieves after 72 hours the water content starts rising again
As for alkanes they are dry and N-hexane is the Dryest of the common ones used
Then. Heptane and then pentane
Distilling alkanes over phosforic pentoxide is in my non chemist opinion best

6 Likes

Homogenized hexane and isolate - let cool to 27c and added 1% PTSA mono hydrate

Going let run for 25 hours and start washes

8 Likes

What you thinking or hoping for? Full conversion? I haven’t followed up on any room temp runs. It would be nice to get a good conversion, and hopefully you can achieve it!

1 Like

Just curious if room temp in hexane will provide a nice color and a full conversion.

Have some time so fiqured id try room temp.

8 Likes

Nice! I’m interested to see how it turns out!

4 Likes

You still golden? Any exothermic reaction?

1 Like

haven’t noticed any climb in temp. haven’t really been paying much attention to it honestly lol

10 Likes

I am worried your solution was still to hot when the ptsa was added you REALLY should keep the rxn below 35 C at ALL times
But amber will come out for sure
Good job

5 Likes

I’m gonna try a run of poly and heptane at room temp and run alk beam tests till it’s clear.

I have a theory and wanna test it.

6 Likes