Microwaving Distillate?

1/2 gal jar.

The extra $$ for the easier to read interface and a chunk of ptfe to make the “floor” flat may not be for everyone, but this thing works!!!

26 Likes

Where u get that, quiznos?

9 Likes

Uh huh.

4 Likes

Lolol yupp my old boss used to do that

My gummies are pretty hard on them to…

2 Likes

This just changed the game… why didnt i think of just FLIPPING THE GOD DAMN MICROWAVE

8 Likes

So many years of oppression, and propaganda on the “proper” way to setup a microwave!

5 Likes

Sometimes the simplest things are easily overlooked.

5 Likes

I’ll add in my monstrosity

I can fit a 5 liter flask in this, I’ve been using it to desiccate. I added a barb to 1/2 NPT to the unit to pull vacuum and other fun things I have in mind to play with in the future.

I really like this idea of putting the unit on its side for larger vessels, short of spending the money on @cyclopath’s beauty.

Gen 2 revision I plan to add a proper bulkhead with 1/2 NPT threads on both sides. I may add it to the side so it can stand up as well. I’m thinking about plugging in a 24/40 PTFE with 1/2 NPT thread adapter into the bulkhead on the interior, vacuum on the exterior and seeing if i can’t vacuum microwave something in a flask

7 Likes

On the whole oven?!? Or just as a pass through to suck on the contents?

(Or maybe I should just learn to read :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

Pass through

2 Likes

Still cool.

Not as cool.

2 Likes

I tried but could not make the oven vacuum tight. Maybe with more duct tape…

4 Likes

I have this one in black. I love how there’s no brand name. Just the three certs you want.

I don’t microwave disty I just love having a triple certified microwave. You’d be fucking surprised how many aren’t UL.

2 Likes

I do want to state that high heat can break a pyrex dish. https://www.pyrexhome.com/product/9-glass-pie-plate

I got 5 of those cause one broke over constant steam… They’re not borosilicate and shouldn’t technically be used for lab applications but to each their own.

1 Like

This was my favorite piece of equipment I ever got for that whole facility! Man I do remember one of the guys catching one on fire before switching to the ptfe bottoms.

2 Likes

This works so well I was blown away than u so much guys and gals…it didn’t get the jar hot but barely and the center liquid got hot quick without heating the jar, which also probably make the since

I did 10-15-20sec over and over trying to heat up a L disty…

3 Likes

Not sure if @midsfactory is down to post a photo but we setup a pretty sweet microwave heater to the side of a fume hood an I was in love with the whole thing.

2 Likes

Either that or hest gun and pour. Easy takes nk time and I can smoke while I do it

Hold on