Microns used to catch media?

but if you use filter media you can potentially get rid of those fats and waxes and gain a higher cannabinoid content while getting a yellow concentrate then why not try it out maybe one of you guys can try out soaking and putting it thru filter media and tell me what happens so i don’t spend money trying it out.

Just read the thread and you will get your answers. Crc isn’t getting rid of fats and waxes. You still need to dewax for that

2 Likes

Then imo the crc is pointless.

1 Like

I may be wrong, I thought @BG305 does warm runs and has had experiences with his crc catching SOME fats/waxes

2 Likes

This isn’t a very thought through statement.

You don’t understand it. That’s why its pointless. Its not for fats, its for impurities ie: pigments, heavy metal/ pesticide .

4 Likes

I believe @Killa12345 said you can taste fats in his product

5 Likes

I said SOME

Meaning there are still some fats and waxes in there.

If I remember correctly, Killa used italics on that statement so I didn’t know if he was being sarcastic or not lol

3 Likes

Possible it catches some, but if you want less fats and waxes then just dewax

4 Likes

Big facts

2 Likes

If you are blowing thru filter papers then you are using them wrong! We use 11 micron filter papers and 2.5 micron filter papers (powders loaded on top of this paper filter) staged on top of our 2 micron sintered disc filter. Never had a blowout of the paper filters. We push up to 80 PSI nitro sometimes in our systems and still never had a filter paper blow out. Our sintered filters are basically clean at the end of the day. We run up to 8 runs thru a CR filter.

3 Likes

My point is, my sintered filters are also always clean at the end of my runs without it. So your wasting time and money. Ive NEVER clogged a sintered disc.

3 Likes

Newb. Has lab in name. Doesn’t understand what a color remidiation column is.
It has a point. It would make your avatar picture not look like boof extract from 2013.
Its not frc. Thats a dewaxing column LOL

2 Likes

Newb to the crc, yes but from what i heard it removes so much flavor it’s ridiculous. i understand that it’s for heavy metal removal, pesticide removal and color removal. I read some of the crc thread but also didn’t wanna keep going after 800 posts. I did a cold solvent extraction on my profile picture. I got nothing but good reviews on that and my nail remains immaculate after dabbing that stuff. Maybe if it was on white parchment it would’ve given a better representation of what it looked like or maybe if you saw it in person you wouldn’t have said that. I work hard on what i make man I’m just trying to see if there are ways to improve or maybe figure some shit out that hasnt been figured out yet.

Sorry i like terps and don’t like to smoke vicks vapor rub tasting shit

The only way to know other than reading all the posts is to do r&d yourself like everyone else has done that is posting the posts your reading. Gotta pay to play

3 Likes

Not trying to talk shit but your just a general newb.
I see you posting somewhat regularly about stuff you have no idea about and stuff you i feel like you think you know but is blantant wrong info. And then ask such basic questions.
Regurgitation only gets ya so far. Again not being mean just an observation.
If you run crc right there isnt a vicks smell. If your running boof and heavy crc it ya. If you run fire with a light crc no crc smell or taste

3 Likes

If you read the first 800 posts then you saw my test results with various medea mixtures and ratios, temps, tane ratios and filter set up. so on so forth. None of my stuff ever tasted or smells like vics

5 Likes

If you haven’t read every post in the crc thread, are you even part of this community lmao kidding (not kidding)

3 Likes

To each their own I guess huh. I KNOW KNOW my extracts are clean and clear bcuz of the extra steps I take in making sure they are.

1 Like

Lol if you think those papers are doing anything other then stopping powders from resting on the plate your wrong. Except the .5um… What powder are you using thats smaller then 1um anyway? If your not washing fines off your media before you use it anyway, your doing yourself a disservice

2 Likes