Michigans largest recall *VIRIDIS*

I’m sure some of you have seen this…

A lot of rumors flyin about this lab.

6 Likes

50,000 lbs. recalled :scream:

Let’s hope this fixes some oversaturation in the market.

10 Likes

Article somewhere warned of potential aspergillus.

Guessing they didnt run proper microbial analysis.

Also stated the recall didnt include extracted products.

I see/smell mycotoxin issues with rosin/Ice Water Hash, all the time.

:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Like I said… a lot of rumors floating around. I’m not a “runout monger” but, from what’s been said, it started by an investigation into some cops that own it and run it. Now the feds are getting involved.

Take that for what it’s worth.

7 Likes

Imagine the small dispos? They are gonna take such a hit. It’s gonna “correct course” for the market in a quick way.

4 Likes

I see this basically putting the industry in a “pause” mode…

Yikes

2 Likes

Oregon will likely be making mandatory testing of Yeast/mold, aspergilis, maybe ecoli/salmonella, and heavy metals. No idea when, but it’ll affect substantial change for some.

4 Likes

Dirty cops run dirty lab, attract dirty growers, produce dirty reports.

This lab is a cancer. They’re 100% pay to play, that’s why all the boof farms use them.

11 Likes

To be fair some of the good farms used them. Lots of people had the mentality that retired CSI guys should be able to run a lab well.

We never used them.

7 Likes

Anything ex law enforcement (these ones were the worst) or government should not be in this industry.

They spent decades locking people up like ourselves and profited from it. Now, they get to profit from the same thing AGAIN that threw some of us in jail?

Nope

18 Likes

I bet retesting from other labs caught up to them.

This is incredibly interesting to watch unfold.

400+ pissed dispensaries and countless customers. Tons of pissed off farms probably waiting on net 30s

7 Likes

I know a few that did because of the 24 hour “always open” gig.

That parts attractive. Late night drop offs and faster turn around.

Now, just get a group of people that aren’t corrupt to run a lab like that and there’s your lab.

I’ve never used em. Always ran PSI because of Lev. He is one of the few that will talk to ya and help ya out on shit. He loves what he does.

The cheapest? No

The most cannabis friendly and knowledgeable? For sure.

Get what ya pay for, I guess :person_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I wonder how this is going to play out for the material all needing retested or destroyed.

50k lbs of flowers between 400 dispensaries is a fucking nightmare

6 Likes

There’s a backstory to this that started with hemp farmers and “ex” cops that were being investigated for something completely unrelated.

Watch this story unfold. Wouldn’t be surprised if some of the people high up on the ”food chain” will be next.

3 Likes

Must be destroyed according to other articles and the press release the MRA put out. All dispensaries have to post it in their facility.

1 Like

Wow. So the loss is on dispensaries?
I smell a suit and farms not getting paid.

This alone will definitely crush a lot of your mids market.

2 Likes

Watch for the criminal charges hit in the near future. I know quite a few outta state hempers that used them because, according to them, “they are consistent”. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Good farmers should know better.

Doing business with dirty cops is a bad idea.

These guys worked at the state crime lab. Same lab that reported results that led prosecutors to pursue stiffer penalties for defendants for possession/manufacture of “synthetic cannabinoids”

11 Likes

:point_up:t3::point_up:t3::point_up:t3::point_up:t3::point_up:t3::point_up:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

That’s tough to assume. Some of these cats were caregivers and were just trying to do shit right, not everyone knew they were “dirty cops” and were given referrals to use them by lobbyists.

This ordeal is gonna ruin some political careers.

7 Likes