Michigans largest recall *VIRIDIS*

Any business with an ex cop is bad business. Let’s be fucking honest about that…

15 Likes

It may just be the thing to pop the bubble on the new caregiver regulations they are trying to push through. Or it may embolden them, more testing is needed, just look at the rec market. Logic has never really been a politicians strong suit lol

3 Likes

Wait so cops owned the lab/dispo that was in question here?

Lemme read this, JUICY article

2 Likes

Breaking News
Thousands of pounds of cannabis have been seized on its way to Florida from Michigan

1 Like

When i saw the cop part red flag

Any cop who doesn’t just sit back and retire after decades of seeing some grotesque shit is a sociopath CONFIRMED. Automatic red flag if they’re in cannabis as well… Bendy the Rubber Mallet says hi…

Founded by former forensics… lol even worse arguably

2 Likes

I know concentrate labs that would test at ICAL under a caregiver test to verify actual results then would send state samples to Viridis to get the numbers they actually wanted which generally included passing pesticides, heavy metals and microbial tests, higher thc content and ND D8 on converted liters of D9

12 Likes

Yup, they’re 100% pay to play.

Hire one of their “consultants” at an exorbitant rate and all of a sudden your flower is consistently 25% THC or higher. Weird…

4 Likes

I’m an analytical chemist. I stuck my toes in the water in MI for some testing lab manager positions. My point blank question to the owner was “how do you compete against pay-to-play”… and they couldn’t give me a compelling answer, so here I am back in extraction.

22 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Can confirm as well

2 Likes

Same shit happened in Cali. Got offered a significant ownership in a testing facility if I helped them with sales…

No way to compete with labs that can somehow promise the results you want every time.

State needs to audit every time a client reports a testing entity.

I have been to many in CA that are BS. Fake tests.

2 Likes

I was working a CBD gig in Oklahoma and an investor tried to pawn off a few thousand pounds of wet-bailed hemp on us that had fermented in the sun for a few months. I took samples, complete with live bugs, to FAST labs who promptly gave it a passing result. I called the owner to complain and took a second sample that had live worms in it, and they passed that one too.

Thankfully they closed down shortly after. Imagine being a small time extractor and getting a load of biomass like that that you had no choice but to eat because a pay-for-play lab passed it? That’s some fucked up shit.

14 Likes

Jesus fuck that made me sick to my stomach

Pest issues on any plant just makes me uneasy… now worms all over biomass? Thats a whole new level of gross and gross incompetence and no care.

4 Likes

Fucking pisses me off moreso when there are labs like that, that give discount deals but always fail their discount priced tests periodically.

I got fucked in Cali for a few batches that had previously tested clean at multiple labs earlier in the process.

Bought a few discount CAT3 packages, and a few failed for the SAME microbials that this recall is about…

The microbial analysis, and foreign contamination analysis are 2 areas I have 0 faith in any labs accurately completing.

Ive seen ‘reputable’ labs pass flower that clearly has PM on it.

The market has nearly no integrity…

8 Likes

At least have the common decency and give everyone a reach around by backdooring the infested pack

1 Like

Who is liable for the costs associated with the recall? It send like the lab should be responsible.

2 Likes

Unless the testing lab stated some sort of protection for clients, in an event like this, I think all costs for this loss are going to have to be absorbed by the vendors/customers directly.

Any/all liability policies that that lab has will never cover the amount of cost incurred by all the clients/vendors affected.

Each person would get like a few $k, if even, after attorney litigation fees.

This market is scary as fuck to be in, once you really realize all the liabilities and risks associated on the stages to bring product to the market.

Lots of potential errors.

For material on consignment, I think each retailer is being mandated to destroy product through proper means.

I am not sure if that allows for a transfer back to a MFG/Distro license for disposal.

Material on consignment at retailers will likley literally be thrown away, after being rendered unidentifiable.

If the state laws dont allow for transfer of failed products, than all material must be destroyed where it is on site.

Im more curious about extracts, did they not find anything wrong with the samples being approved as extracts? Were they running proper microbial methods on the extract products? And just not the flower?

and in todays news, a U-Haul FULL of marijuana that authorities are saying was on route from, Michigan and going to Florida, after reports of their being suspicious activity regarding the U-Haul. More on this after 6

authorities are also saying, quote, “it smelled like moldy cheese and egg salad sandwiches from our jail cafeteria”

3 Likes

Depends on developments in the investigation, both parties could be found liable if the P2P stuff is brought to light in court. It’s definitely going to be interesting seeing how this turns out.

1 Like

@countree_boys was on IG live last night. This will be a fatal blow to some of these companies who can’t absorb the loss. Remember, no tax write offs, so none of the protections businesses enjoy in the rest of the world.

@Marcandkellie , could you afford to lose 6 months worth of production in one swoop? This is why I’m a huge fan of starting small and keeping it manageable. This whole testing issue could easily testing in the end of the caregiver program. This is an extremely volatile market.

6 Likes