Mescaline. Why isn’t there more proliferation?

Mescaline is such a beautiful experience. It’s also not crazy difficult or expensive to make. Why do you think it’s isn’t more popular. I come across it wayyyyy less often than any other popular psychedelic.

7 Likes

I agree, mescaline is definitely hard to come by. Probably because of how long it takes for a cactus to mature (peruvian torch or peyote or otherwise) and the yields aren’t very good from extraction. I think once in my life I knew someone selling pure mesc, and that was for a limited time too, I knew more people growing their own cactuses for buttons. Definitely saw a lot of other phenethylamines though (not including meth) like the 2C-xs, 25x-nBOME and the MDxx family, all somewhat similar to mesc I suppose.

4 Likes

Synthesis is the route

4 Likes

Yep. Mescaline synthesis much more difficult to scale up then MDMA but it is possible. The thing is 2c-h can be synthesized through the same route and 2c-b, 2c-i etc are much more lucrative then mescaline (100+ doses a gram vs 1-3 doses a gram)

5 Likes

That’s prob the best reason I can think of too.

300mg per dose M vs 3mg 2C analogue

Gotta make way bigger batches to make it work lol

LSD hasn’t been around for nearly 4 years… Mescaline isn’t around at all. Psilocybin is around here and there and DMT left and never came back.

MDMA comes and goes more than LSD.

Massachusetts is shit for hallucinations and psychedelics … Or at least my area is.

3 Likes

E/Mesc/sid/dmt is pretty available in Vancouver Canada, Especially on the island lol

Maybe thats why there are so many wierdos :thinking:

I havent done Mesc since I was 17ish, I remember it being like an icepick to the nose tho

6 Likes

It’s not more prolific because it’s bulky. 400 mg mescaline is not 15 mg 4-ACO-DMT.

Not to mention it’s grinding a pound of bulk pokey ass cactus.

5 Likes

Why was it like an ice pick to the nose? Did you insufflate?

1 Like

I just saw this thread and got super stoked I had to take a snap of my cactus project to show you all.

Disclaimer: these are for ornamental purposes only.

Okay with that out of the way, yeah proliferation is lacking for all the reasons above. Cultivation of these plants operates on a totally different timescale from cannabis and hemp. It’s a fantastic exercise on changing your way of thinking about a process and life in general. Actions you take have downstream effects and consequences you will only see years later. Having success is exhilarating and failures are epically devastating. It reminds be of growing bonzai.

My advice is that if you have even an inclination of getting started in the cactus game, start absolutely right now! It’s a long term game, I probably won’t hit my goals for decades but that is kinda the point because it’s like a workout in patience with lots of thinking but then occasional quick deliberate action.

The cactus is much different than a synthetic isolate as the cactus contains a multitude of various active alkaloids and the mixture cannot be replicated readily.

I’d love to see cactus culture take off in this forum with users trading expertise, cuttings, pollen, and seeds. That would be amazing.

Someone who isn’t me compares the effects of the cactus as a mix of multiple compounds that most on this forum have likely prior experience with (in a positive sense).

Cheers :cactus:

19 Likes

Let us christen in the age of the cactus.

11 Likes

The size of the doses, as has been mentioned, but also the labor involved in an extraction, vs what it produces, means it is more for headstash than for distribution

5 Likes

I think 2c-b is destined to be the only commercialized mescaline-like drug. It’s structure is basically mescaline just modified to improve bioavailability.)

One of the methoxys on mescaline is replaced with a bromine atom. The positions on the ring are different tho, I guess 2c-b is closer to the 2,4,5 analogue of mescaline.

mescaline will remain like Ayahuasca, a plant medicine that you have to look for to find, which I’m ok with TBH. Although it’s too bad because mescaline actually does have party potential despite its long duration, lower doses are sort of like trippier mdma and it forms gorgeous crystals that glitter like diamonds!

8 Likes

There’s something kinda cool about it being totally unavailable for chads to capitalize on. It remains a purists drug at the moment because it hasn’t been bastardized into a commodity product. Like if someone has it, they are the f’ing man. No one can cheat the system and come up with authentic lengths of cactus without being real dude/dudette.

It’s like bitcoin mining before the mega severs were built out.

13 Likes

Bc dmt is wayyyy more bang for your buck…if u can down enough hits and hold it its like puddlin acid visual wise for 5-30min

1 Like

Thinking futuristically, at least in my mind, to produce native mescaline, is to get a serious amount of seeds (easier said than done) for one to manufacture legit cactus and not synthetic or analog materials. One would have to treat it like planting a almond orchard, where the fruits of your labors aren’t made for a decade or two. The effort would likely require intergenerational efforts.

I’ve messed around with light propagation via cuttings for a bit and it seems like even micro sized chunks of cactus can be rooted. The parts of the Pedro where the spikes are seem to be nodes of rapid cell differentiation. Spike nodes can quickly become new branches “pups”, flowers, and will even shoot out roots if put below soil level.

Knowing this after taking cuttings less than the size of a nickel, planting them, and digging them up to see what happened (for science), it seems maybe in theory that as long as at least there are two spike nodes in a cutting rapid growth and rooting can occur, thus bypassing the need for seed. One node below soil, and one node above soil. I’m trying this soon and I’ll post some pics if it works or generally what happens. I’ve been avoiding micro cuttings because they are slow to pup, but seems like I could get in theory hundreds of cuttings off a mother instead of two or three foot long cuts.

Right now I’m in the phase of growing as much root mass as possible with the maximum amount of cuttings. It’s not going to be much of an above ground project for a year or two. That will come once the big pots come around. Cactus hate normal fertilizer, too much nitrogen makes them grow crazy fast, but their structure is weak and turns to mush under any weight. They really like ground up and boiled egg shells though. Natures cal mag. Easy enough if you eat breakfast everyday or have a bunch of chickens.

12 Likes

It is, literally, 2 different substances and types of substances.
Both are fucking magic, but drinking a tea you make of the cacti, is more rewarding and enjoyable than crystals you recrystalize out of heptane.
If, as you said and I agree, @StoneD , that deemsters is like getting all the visuals from a puddle of acid, in 5 minutes, then mescaline can be described as the visuals from a lot of really clean Love, and the heart opening empathy from large doses of mdma(since mescaline is a phenethylanine)

9 Likes

Very nice sir! How long did it take the new growth to start on top after a cut?

Is that a sideways experiment I see there?

I love that! Awesome

2 Likes

When I took cuttings in early spring, the cuttings took 3 months (until early summer) to root and pup. I made a second round of cuttings mid summer when the temps were close to triple digits and rooting and pupping has taken less than 6 weeks. It appears that temperature is a major factor contributing to rapid growth. I was advised against taking cuttings during winter and months during complete dormancy. It appears that the sun amount doesn’t really help growth all that much compared to temperature. They like shade. My grow area gets above 100f even in total shade sometimes and they seem to love it. When there is too much sun even when it’s not that hot out like 80f they turn yellow and sad.

haha yeah, I had a cutting rot at the base after I tried an experimental soil mix and almost killed it with kindness. I’ve noticed that smaller cuttings grow insanely slow compared to big ones, and after doing cactus surgery to remove the rot, the cutting was pretty minuscule. I thought that the cactus in the wild often propagates when big columns get too heavy, break off, then root, so I thought naturally this must occur when the columns lay flat against the earth and maybe placing cuttings straight up could be kinda unnatural for propagation possibly. I was wondering if that by exposing way more spiked nodes into the soil level, it could offset the hadicap it has due to it’s reduced size. More spike nodes in the soil, more rooting capacity? From the experiments I dug up it seems like new roots only expand out of spike nodes 99% of the time.

1 Like