Mescaline. Why isn’t there more proliferation?

That sideways one is 50% buried. I’m wondering now what would happen if I tried putting over 75-90% of the horizontal cutting below soil for the maximum node/soil interface. The key for that though is I for sure wouldn’t want to give it any water until the entire cutting corks over (a process that occurs to the below soil cactus cutting) or I guarantee it will rot in a day. That much corking could take a year or two, but it might be worth it to see what happens??

edit: Thinking out loud here, If I made another horizontal cutting and did a 90% bury, I’d for sure have to do a 100% perlite mix and give it zero water for at least 2 seasons, just let it pup, dry. No idea if it’s more efficient but we’ll see!

2 Likes

Anyone get analytics going to test different cacti Growing conditions, Etc…?

2 Likes

I have a small Peruvian torch I’m worried about. It was gifted to me in an impossibly small pot with no drain holes. Any advice on a proper soil mixture for repotting?

If you’re worried about it rotting, I would make a clean slice and let it scab over properly and replant!

2 Likes

I don’t believe there’s any rot, I’m concerned about the potential with no holes in the pot.

1 Like

Word I reread what you wrote
I always used 50% old soil(organic soil of course) and the other 50% as pumice which was really fucking cheap in oregon

2 Likes

I take back what I said about not using lots of strong nutrients for Pedro. I just spoke with a guy at the garden store and he said he uses high level “cannabis fertilizers” on his San Pedro’s and he’s getting way more than a ft of strong growth per season. Not sure what way is the right way yet. Seems like there is a wide range of opinions out there because I was given straight up the opposite advice from the same store but a different employee who told me the eggshell thing.

2 Likes

Is that basil I see growing on the bottom shelf and next to the home depot bucket?

2 Likes

Good eye!

1 Like

ogunbodede2010.pdf (315.7 KB)

Potency and extraction info. There is a bit of nuance for the ranges in potency. It seems like the cultivation, “strain”, and the testing itself adds a little uncertainty to the readings, but I think this could be useful information.

1 Like

Peyote is at risk of extinction in the wild, although Pereskiopsis grafting and private collectors certainly have the ability to preserve it. San Pedro and Peruvian torch are bulky to process and consume without extraction. Mescaline cacti usually has other alkaloids that can make you nauseous. This is my best guess why mescaline isn’t more prevalent.

The alkaloids enhance the mescaline, making cacti like bridgesii aka E. Langeniformis more potent than peruvianus or pachanoi even though it has a lesser mescaline content, mostly!

3 Likes

Out of curiosity do you have any idea what the other alkaloids are?

3 Likes

Off the top of my head I know they’re pea’s
I’ll look

I’ve also heard of hordenine(?) being in there
The some of the additional alkaloids are MAOIs which make a cacti-huasca (not my phrase but it makes sense.

1 Like

There does seem to be a bit of variation in predicted activity of the major phenethylamine compounds. Interesting.

3 Likes

Hordenine seems interesting and a little worrying at the same time.

3 Likes

Maybe longer time gives a stronger spine.

Maybe just sucking the nutrients to grow exponentially makes it miss the major nutrients that it would gain slowly over time.

The only time I’ve ever had pure visuals on lsd was my very very first time. I’ve only ever done a singular tab each time though.

I wonder what stacking 2 would be like.

I used to stack 10 tabs and be preoccupied for 24 hours.

Peruvian Torch was my jam as a kid. I would eat a fat 24 inch section. After the initial nausea, it lasted about 24 hours. There was a bit of a body load, but had the most intense colors on par with DMT. With mescaline, I would always see jungles, cave paintings, my ancestors and jaguars at some point.

3 Likes