Membrane oil final pics

I don’t post analytics because I’m not a membrane system vendor, and potato quality pictures of our GC’s results window are just troll fodder.

I’m real glad we are not in the equipment flogging game, no matter how many times we get asked.

9 Likes

Lets not sit here and try and act like color doesn’t matter. Depending on your market color matters far more than potency.

The thread title is membrane finished oil pics, not membrane finished oil potency. It sounds like the OP is interested in seeing the capabilities of peoples membrane systems color remediation and isnt as concerned about the end potency. Some membranes and membrane skids are going to do a better job at stripping color than increasing potency right? certain features on a membrane skid will allow more flexibility on the output and if your skid has more features sell the customers on it and stop attacking.

For example and its only an example so dont get your panties all twisted…
Maybe you have a process that brings a higher finished potency but magister or permeable solutions has a process that does better at a making a lighter finished oil but their potency isnt as high. Depending on the end goal that could be more important to a buyer than the alternative.

I will say though that showing oil still in solution is a poor representation of what the finished oil will look like and thats more or less what all membrane manufacturers share. The biggest issue is the lack of info on how saturated that solution is and how it will accurately look once all the solvent is gone. I know first hand that a solution will be light colored and you expect a great solvent free clarity and its just not there when the solvent is all gone.

Asking for finished oil pics doesnt deserve an attack and a rebuttal about how potency is all that matters, and you should absolutely still share potency as it sets you above the competitors that dont but you should also have the finished oil clarity to back it up.

Now imagine you have the best clarity AND a coa to back it up then you will be two steps above the competition.

15 Likes

No one is attacking you, dude. I made this post to see what color remediation looks like from membranes. I tagged other companies as well. Not one of them came in with all guns blazing. No one is mad that you want to post analytics. But that’s not at all what this post was asking for. I’m not sure why you have multiple people saying no one is attacking you, and you still come aggressive.

Imagine this “hey guys send me pics of your modified cars” some guy “ I can’t post pics of my car until I get the dyno test result on how fast it is.” At the same time, that’s well and good. That is not what was asked.

Are you trying to compare a crude live resin product that has terpenes, flavonoids, cannabinoids, and all the other compounds analytical companies don’t test for to distillate? The distillate will always have a higher potency. In my seven years of distilling, distillate should not be dark unless it was from converted cannabinoids. Am I going to be right at assuming that the distillate is high potency delta 9 THC? Or is it from converted cannabinoids?

You do realize anytime you make backhanded comments, people don’t want to buy equipment from you? Your attitude is pushing potential customers to your competitors. How long was I trying to buy a membrane skid from you? Oh, for the last two years? Every time I ask you any form of a question that challenges your view, you act like a child. Or how about the many times I’ve offer you my lab to do your R&D and you’ve always had some type of excuse.

We know you’re smart, David, but there’s always someone more intelligent than you. You never know who that person might be. Be humble and respectful to others. Don’t let your thin skin be the reason your company doesn’t go anywhere. That wouldn’t be fair to Joel your business partner.

8 Likes

My apologies, I thought you were developing membrane skids for sale.

1 Like

Oh, it looks like we are in the same boat. I didn’t see the part about his potency. And you didn’t understand what this post was asking you for.

But in my defense. Magister didn’t show any test results. Or say the actual potency. All he said was that it had a 15% difference from his permeate to his rententate.

You are a respected member of this industry. Don’t tarnish your name because of posts online. Or do and drive all your potential customers to me once my exclusivity contract is up at the end of the year. After all I have test results in the CA rec market, can post pics of final product, have over 4,000 hours of membrane operating time and the company I’m in contract with have won awards on their membrane refine oil.

3 Likes

When I say warm I mean warm, I believe this was extracted at 50C. I suppose it is more liable to pull chlorophyll at that temp. But it wouldn’t be the only case i’ve seen of heptane pulling chlorophyll.

5 Likes

If you’ve really ripped open your chloroplast (i.e. shredded the biomass), you’ll get a ton of chlorophyll in a warm heptane extract as well.

I made a thread about it… But yeah my heptane is dark green and my methanol LLE pull wasn’t.

It was pretty interesting to say the least.

2 Likes

In my experience one of the most important factors in customers choosing my product over others is the color clarity. The end consumer looking at a cart with close to water clear color palette is much more likely to take that over one that is brightly colored. At the end of the day you will not notice 3 4 or even 5% difference in strength but you can clearly see the difference in color and that has a powerful psychological influence.

5 Likes

Nah, we’re just building our own because that’s how we roll around here.

In my opinion, probably 90% of any given system’s finished product parameters will be driven by the membrane in use and the operational parameters used by the operator.

Assuming the same membranes and same temperature/pressure/flow rates are in use, the biggest differences between the physical skids will be in usability, automation, and energy efficiency.

10 Likes

Really good nug extracted at room temp in a centrifuge cleaned up with membranes and with a carbon block after.

No loss of cannabinoids was detected using the FF ultra.

1 Like

Nice

The FF ultra is probably just tracking the pigment content. I’ve never seen one detect cannabinoids let alone validate if there are losses during processing. HPLC or GC testing for cannabinoids.

I’d love to see what the pigment tracker spectra looks like!

9 Likes

Might make a special trip to the bay to have you run some samples on your pigment tracker if you’ll be around

1 Like

I’ve also done quite a bit of heptane extraction because it’s solubility in water is 0.0003% and we didn’t have to carbon scrub later. Big downside though was all the waxes and lipids it pulls lol. But filtering those seemed cheaper than the pall carbon disks at $575 a pop lol. This was all 3 years ago, not sure what they go for now

2 Likes

Looking good! Do you have pics prior to the carbon scrub?

No but I have pics of the same oil recovered on a hotplate and it’s way darker which is why I say color doesn’t mean shit

Color does matter, my dude. The general population buys extracts based on color. It doesn’t matter if it’s a concentrate in a jar or a cart. Even flower, the lighter green it is or the darker purple it is will fly off the shelves. If consumers have options they always buy the lighter color. If you run a business based on your opinion you won’t last. Your customers will dictate what sells, especially in cannabis. If you put this dark high potency distillate, you keep mentioning in a cart and put it on the shelves on the rec market. Next to all these carts that are highlighter yellow or water clear. Your product will sit on the shelves. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1-3% more potent. I can tell you that for a fact. Since I work in this space and have witnessed this first hand.

7 Likes

That’s why your NUG product that’s lighter then cold fire sits on the shelves and doesn’t sell why they sell out week after week?

You can argue about color all you want I can give you examples in your own dispensary that prove you wrong

What are you even talking about dude?

1 Like

Your NUG brand doesn’t move nearly as much as cold fire does in your Sacramento dispensary even though your sorbet and live resin are lighter in color. I go in there every few days to get cold fire (you know who I’m talking about because you’ve asked me about them before and if they crc) and they’ll literally sell out of cold fire before a 1/4 of your stock of sorbet is gone. My homie works at that dispensary and has confirmed this also so say what you want

I picked up some of your sorbet for the first time 2 weeks ago only because I couldn’t get cold fire anywhere in Sacramento and was surprised about the color tbh but the terpenes weren’t there and it didn’t get me high like the cold fire does. You guys over crc your stuff or something because like I said it’s lighter in color then cold fire but it’s only 90% with terpenes where cold fire is usually 95%+. I’m a picky smoker, but I know color isn’t everything and the general public is starting to know this too because of over crced limonene tasting product.

I know people who won’t touch crc so :person_shrugging:

Ummm, color absolutely matters to the average smoker. Maybe people are slowly being educated, but that’s a loooong ways off.

3 Likes