Melted gummies help

hello, the gummies in my country melt very quickly due to the weather, some product that I can add to them so that they withstand heat above 22 to 33c

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You can add pectin or you can sand them in sugar . OR you could do both.

1 Like

You add pectin to gelatin gummies?

1 Like

yes!!

1 Like

Are you sure there not melting due to the spicy distillate your using lol

Your gelatin gummies are being significantly affected by 33c?.. any idea on your active water content after drying? Water content in formula?

Do haribo gummies melt in the same manner as yours in equal environments?

1 Like

You can simply Increase the amount of gelatin in your recipe if you have a decent one and it is just a matter of heat tolerance. How hot are the gummies getting?

The first and most obvious is to just store your gummies properly. Gelatin melts at around 33-36C and there isn’t really much you can do about it barring changing your gummy type so you should treat it as a product that needs to be refrigerated.

If your still having issues make sure your recipe is dialed; I find 250-300 bloom gelatin at 6-8% w/w% works very nice. This paired with drying should get you there.

If this isn’t working, I’d say switch to pectin all the way instead of mixes though depending on your deposit method, pectin may be more trouble than it’s worth because it’s a bit of a pain to develop a workable recipe that doesn’t gel in under 2 minutes.