Mega crop nutrients?

Has anyone else tried mega crop? I’ve been using it for about a year now and have had great results. I haven’t seen anyone else mention this product, which is surprising to me for some reason.

I switched from jacks, which is great as well, but I prefer megacrop due to the fact it’s got a little more extras and is hard to overfeed with.

Not trying to switch people to one nute or another, just curios what everyone uses.

How about a general nute regimen if you use neither?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Just got a free sample of MEGACROP I’m planning on trying out in my greenhouse this summer👍

2 Likes

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I think I found someone else using it on rollitup and got sample too, and since then it’s been my only nute. I add a bloom boost during flower, but I honestly think I’m just wasting money.

I think my favorite part of mega crop is the buffers they add, at the feeding rate I use and my tap water, the ph is always a constant between 6.1 and 6.3.

Stay safe and happy growing brotha!

Where are you purchasing? Internet. I’ld like to give it a try.

1 Like

It looks like the smallest bag they have in stock is the 2500g bag. I ordered that size and it’s lasted me almost a year, but I have a small op.

1 Like

This is all I use now, will probably stop the bloom booster to see if it makes any difference. I do have some liquid karma around, but that’s for the house plants.

2 Likes

Looks like M.O.A.B. is your bloom booster? The only thing bloom boosters do is allow more uptake of water. I had a power skunk that loved M.O.A.B. and developed Donkey size colas and I thought this stuff is the bomb. I walk back to my drying corner 3 days later and I stopped in my tracks taking inventory cause I thought someone broke in and stole half my plant. Nope it was all their however it had dried back to 1/8 of its size. Today in the last couple of weeks of flower I use Herculean Harvest as a bud hardener and I’ve notice a 10% difference in my harvest numbers.

Correct! It is moab, I haven’t noticed that much, I get about 75% of wet weight after it’s dried. That’d be depressing though lol.

Still don’t know if it makes a difference or not though.

But, I’m towards the end of this jar, I’ll get some of that herculean harvest to try out. Why not right?

2 Likes

With most of my plants I didnt notice any difference in harvest numbers. However my Black Domina Power Skunk loved it and would swell to 3 times its original size and then break your heart when dried

1 Like

Figured I’d post my feeding schedule for anyone using gh recirculating in coco

Also are you following megacrops feed chart or do you think it requires more or less then what they say to use? Also what medium are you growing in

2 Likes

I ran megacrop for a while. It was too gross for my setup. Worked alright just too messy. I went back to salts and teas…

5 Likes

I ran megacrop for 2 or 3 crops and noticed my yields we’re about 10-20% less than jacks 3-2-1 mix. Not to mention it ended up being too dirty/ gunky for my drip system. I had at least 1 or two drip ring clog per run and I’d lose a plant. Never had these issues with jacks. So I’ve since switched back to jacks and I won’t go back. The one part mix is a novel idea but I’ve never noticed any benefit of adding other shit to my nutes outside of what jacks hydroponic offers other than epsom for the mg hog strains.

I still have a few 20lb bags of MC though so I use it in my veg tent and I’ll use it for this outdoor crop

4 Likes

salts are where its at, the fulvic/ humic clumps things together in the megacrop, My fert samples came back inconsistent most times.

3 Likes

I guess I forgot to mention, I’m just running soil, no drip feed or anything, I use rootmaker pots and just dump water into a tray. I could see it being to messy for anything complicated.

@square_root_pharms, that’s interesting about the yield difference. I didn’t notice any kind of drop, but didn’t do a side by side though.

2 Likes

I’ve been using mega crop for about a year now, their new formula is a lot less “clumpy” than the older formula. It’s amazing for all of my cannabis plants as well as my veggies. I also use their PK booster with great results. If you are using it in big reservoirs get a wave maker pump to keep recirculating it so you don’t have to deal with sludge.

1 Like

I’m gonna have to give this stuff a run next cycle. Gonna be hard giving up 6 nute bottles, and 4 additive bottles.

4 Likes

Give up bottled nutes in general. So many better options for a lot less $$

6 Likes

I definitely like the newer mix, I do soil so it’s just an easy fert to use that I’ve had good results with personally.

I used moab, but I have tried their pk as well. I think there similar as far as values, and only using the moab because it’s cheap on Amazon.

I use and swear by anything from JR Peters/ Jacks along with Mega Crop and the other greenleaf nutrients products.

We used JR Peters/ Jacks nutrients in the greenhouses at Purdue and Cornell so I have seen plenty of uses and ran countless experiments using their blends. Both are a great bang for your buck and will give you exactly what your plants need.

1 Like

I second this for sure, used jacks for years. Got an email for a free sample of mega and said fuck it. Using it since then.

Can’t go wrong with either really.

(I do use liquid karma for houseplants though, full disclosure haha)

2 Likes