Mega crop nutrients?

Jacks 10-30-20 ftw (if going to use nutrients).

3 Likes

I’m dredging this back up but is anyone running the megacrop 2 part salts now?

1 Like

I ran megacrop in aero because Im a fucking retard lmfaoooo

1 Like

Sooooooo no bueno? What’s you experience in aero with it? I’ve ran it in the outdoor garden with great success.

1 Like

Aeroponics uses tiny misting nozzles that are easily clogged. I stunted a whole round of plants with misters that were out of commission half the time

2 Likes

Yeah I’m aware of aero, been growing with it for 20 years. I was more curios what you thought about the MC as a nutrient.

Cannabotatnist said he liked it using a pump to keep it mixed. He uses the same style aero…

It worked really well on the coco coir plants!

1 Like

Megacrop is weak… Don’t be lazy and build soil wholesomely. I’ve seen this nute ran on big gardens with in my opinion sub par results specially towards end of flower… i don’t agree with relying on one bag nute mix for all of plant life. If one does go the (cheap) megacrop route please be sure to flush well!! Check ppm… High ppm = salts = less life in soil = ???

1 Like

Link? I just looked at their site and it’s on there.

I still just see their main product advertised

1 Like

Megacrop tries to do it everything and doesn’t do it very well. The NPK is good. It still needs a bump in calcium and magnesium. It precipitates when mixed as a concentrate. They also use a cheap chinese humic acid that falls out above 6.0 pH. It is suitable for soil, not for hydro.

If you want an all-in-one salt base, I would recommend Jack’s RO or TAP. If you want a complete 2-part, Jacks, Masterblend or HGV. As far as additives, get a fulvic and kelp concentrate to go with them.

3 Likes

so jacks part A is superior to Megacrop Part A? ive used jacks for years but was intrigued now that greenleaf has the 2 part just like jacks

1 Like

I was talking about their 1-part. I forgot about Megacrop 2-part. Does it have all the other biostimulant junk they tacked on there too?

Edit: Vegan salt nutrients. LOL.

1 Like

1 Like

Jacks

1 Like

I used Megacrop v1 and v2 with success it grew nicely in RDWC using all the amendments they offer. I never had a ph swing problem or nutrient lock out problem. I have recently switched to Floraflex and find that it easier to mix than Megacrop but dollar for dollar its hard to beat Megacrop. I did grow an autoflower indoor from Cali Connection that yielded 2lbs dry using Megacrop.

Megacrop 2-part is a weird one. 0.15% Silica at 5 grams per gallon is 2 ppm. It’s cool their micros are amino chelated. Where’s the humates and kelp?

It would depend on your yield. If you are doing .5 a gram per watt im sure you wouldn’t notice.

I’m growing well above that, thanks

Edit: dunno why you came in to throw shade like that…

Sorry, I didn’t see where you said your yield before and after. 1.5 g’s per watt then and it stayed the same? Interesting.

1 Like

Holy hell man, I use Espoma Plant Tone and Flower Tone top dressed into a low starting charge soil. That’s it. It’s cheaper than anything else I’ve seen mentioned.

3 Likes