Medical Marijuana Friendly Landlord in Michigan

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good resource for finding Medical Marijuana Friendly Landlord in Michigan (near the Detroit Metro Area)? I will relocate to Michigan, and need to find a landlord that would allow me to consume and grow medical cannabis for personal consumption. I’m new to growing. All help is appreciated!

2 Likes

This can be a real pain. I know from experience. The landlords that were cannabis friendly always wanted a serious premium…

I wouldn’t want to grow in a rental house ever again…

Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

I saw that u can buy a house for 1k in Detroit

5 Likes

Yikes! I hope they only took one leg and not both!

Jesus…

Traptrap

Honey, we are moving to Detroit…

3 Likes

Fuck it. I’ll buy one just to renovate and have a spot to study under some :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Is it seriously that stupid cheap?

1 Like

You know the good old media. At that price should pick up a few blocks.

2 Likes

I mean I’ve seen 10k+ all across the country

But sub 10k? What what teach me

Your best bet is to find a hands off landlord and grow in a tent/ closet. If it says something in the lease about growing weed look elsewhere.

I’d say look for a house over an apartment too so you don’t have neighbors right next to you.

This is if you are doing less than 12 plants, if you are growing on a large scale find a warehouse or pole barn to rent from someone. All you can do is ask regardless

4 Likes

My goal was at least six plants on my first try. Then, scale up.

1 Like

I mean, from the landlords perspective I can’t blame them. If my choice is a “normal” tenant or someone who wants to grow weed I’m choosing the former every time.

1 Like

Shiiii dude. You might want to be your own landlord if you go to Michigan. No excuses

That’s not even 11 stacks and you got something you own. I know that for sure.

Don’t play that game with someone above you with such a low entry point is all I’m saying.

1 Like

Then ask for forgiveness and not permission… you can’t get in any legal trouble if you’re over 21

2 Likes

I totally agree!

Both times I had cool landlords I paid 6 months rent up front. Seemed to help.

This was for a medical garden.

I wouldn’t mind staying way more than a year. I could pay for a few months up front. My main challenge is actually contacting a person. Most websites list a property company as the contact. I doubt I’ll get a reply from a property company.

Yeah, but you really, really don’t want to live in Detroit where you can buy a house for that cheap… there is a VERY good reason they are that cheap to begin with. Can’t even tear a house down for that much!

Bet the rv/trailer market is better kept dude can afford a lot. Is all I’m getting at.

A nice doublewide there is what?

Yes, I agree. I lived northwest of Detroit, about a fourty minute drive, a couple months ago. I relocated to another state when the pandemic was getting uncontrollable.

All the homes that are ready to go are 40 fucking grand.
They’ll give you the fucking loan with $1000 down I bet.

1 Like

I rocked craigslist lol

Only way I could find one.

1 Like