Media combinations that allows the filtering fats and such instead of your standard cryo methods?

Also, definitely need the kind that have extended all thread to hold the plates together. That way you can back the nuts off and extend the plates out for cleaning. It typically took my maintenance guys about an hour to disassemble, clean, and reassemble at 18x36" heat exchanger.

Edit: Like this image

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Are you currently using this system?

No, I used it in a previous industry for a similar application. Caprolactam actually. Also used this style of heat exchanger for cooling quench baths in hdpe fiber production.

2 Likes

Excuse my drawing skills please, but here’s a rough P&ID for how i would do this

3 Likes

I have two questions about the contents of this excellent thread. Firstly, what is the recommended temperature for filtering warm extract through a bed of AC, and secondly, is filtering through unrefined AO grit not liable to contaminate the end product? I have no idea of the degree of purity of this and what else may be lurking alongside it.

Would you have a recommendation on the amount of alumina to used based on the amount on crude that is being filtered?